Band 8er, re-take in 2012?

37 years old; working for non-financial institutions (one of the leading IT companies in the world); strong interests in investment; Failed at Band 8 this year, from terrible Band 3 in 2010; Stop loss and invest valuable time into other areas or be tenacity to fight for win finally? Your decisions and your thoughts? Thank you.

Fight! Next year, “Band 13” pass!

I failed Band 8 too, my first attempt but will be back next year for sure. We are all too close and I cant stop. I fell down terribly in the morning with 5 below 50 and 4 between 50 and 70. Afternoon I rocked with 5 above 70, 2 between 50 and 70 and fixed income below 50. I think my results have told me I know the material but wrote and expressed myself poorly in the morning. I will be back with ferocity next year. I will take the rest of August off and start in earnest in September. Lets go SPARTANS

jeffsick , I was like you almost to the letter . B 10. I think it was the air-conditioning in the AM that was too cold and made me take two longish breaks. I will take a jacket into the room next time ( in hot June weather) . ( just excuses to soothe my nerves!)

Very encouraging, thanks! - I decide to fight again in 2012. Btw, I only relied on the textbook (plus CFAI’s sample, mock exams and past morning essay) for the preparing in the past. I am thinking aslo using Notes for 2012, any advice on choosing Schwser or Stalla? Thanks. Best wishes and hope we all can pass in 2012 with our further endeavours!

I am very similar to you. Filed band 3 this year. It was my first attempt at L3. My work is not directly related to the CFA curriculum. Am doing it out of interest. It has been awful for the last couple of days. But, as they say, if you havent failed, you havent done anything challenging enough. Good luck!