work experience - corporate finance

Would you guys please look at my work experience and see if they are qualified. Thanks a million!! 06-08 I analyzed supply and demand based on different economic scenarios and built financial models to assist asset allocation decision. I built evaluation matrics to assess account performance. I Performed financial statements analysis to identify problems and saving opportunities and presented to senior management team. I participated in company’s annual report (10K) preparation. I evaluated over 50 Kaizen projects to ensure they are value-added. I participated in the corporate WACC calculation. 08-present I performed financial statement audits for account that carried significant assets and liabilities subject to fair value accounting. I assessed the reasonableness of the valuations and assumptions behind the valuations of those assets and liabilities. I prepared financial models to improve projection accuracy; Participated in the valuation and decision-making process. I evaluated investment opportunities by analyzing cash flow, NPV, and IRR. I assessed different pricing scenarios to maximize account profitability. I developed key performance index to evaluate accounts’ efficiency.

I think the work is fine. I usually err on the side of caution, though. You would hate to have them kick it back to you for some stupid reason, which would take up more time. You may want to make it blatantly obvious how your work impacted the investment process by using language like, “this aided the investment process by…” It’s also not a bad idea to relate the experience back to the curriculum by saying things like, “using principals taught in the FRA section of level 2…” Good luck

dspapo, thank you for your suggestions!

I know this isn’t your resume but you may want to drop the personal pronoun (“I”) in your sentences and just lead with the active verb. Sounds more crisp. Also agree with dspapo’s suggestion; I think that is key.

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know this isn’t your resume but you may want to > drop the personal pronoun (“I”) in your sentences > and just lead with the active verb. Sounds more > crisp. Also agree with dspapo’s suggestion; I > think that is key. The reason why I have “I” in the sentences is referring to CFA official site’s sample Work Experience Descriptions. Below is a sample from CFA institute: I perform projections, cash flow analysis, and durational analysis of individual health insurance policies. These activities have a direct bearing on the investments chosen to back the reserves for these blocks of business.