Derivatives study material

Hello Level 3 masters… I need some valuable inputs from your side… Is the schwesser Level 2 derivatives study notes good enough to learn the LOS’s, or should one go through the CFAI material for derivatives ? I will be definitely going through the EOC questions for derivatives but I’m a bit confused with regard to the study material…

The derivatives section is one area where Schweser does a particularly good job of explaining the material, especially in swaps and FRAs. They cut through the formulas and the jargon and provide a good the visual of the concepts. That said, Don Chance’s writing in the CFAI books is quite interesting, so I would try to read as much of that as possible. Whatever you do, be sure to do all the CFAI EOC questions, especially the swaps. They will drill you to death and you’ll get it through practice.

Hank have you gone through all the material already or what?

Yes, and I passed Level II (although I didn’t do so well on deriv). AndrewUNH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hank have you gone through all the material > already or what?

Schweser is not good enough. If you can do all of the derivatives EOC questions in the CFAI books then you should be golden

Derivatives consists of straight math concepts and execution, at least with swaps and options. I’m not a big proponent of Shweser-only, but how does it fall down in this material? Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Schweser is not good enough. > > If you can do all of the derivatives EOC questions > in the CFAI books then you should be golden