middle name on exam ticket

My middle name is on my passport, but not on my exam ticket. Should I be worried?

Yes.

I had this exact same situation about 2 weeks ago, and for my own sanity ran it by CFAI just to check.

They said it had to match PERFECTLY. middle name and all

uh oh…

There’s no way this could cause them to turn you away, especially considering the exam ticket has the last 4 of your passport # on it.

^ do u work for CFAI? are you a proctor?

6/4 - Candidate mp3bu has been suspended from the CFA program for 3 years after a violent altercation with a CFA exam proctor who questioned the validity of his passport papers (Standard I (D) Misconduct).

Why did you forget your middle name? I can’t remember if it was obvious to put or not. How long did it take them to get it fixed?

Why have you not called CFAI yet? They are offering continuous phone support 24/7 for people like you…

http://www.cfainstitute.org/utility/contact/pages/index.aspx

I did. I called the hotline. Twice. They said just to submit the Id change form, which I did. So now I’m just waiting

Best of luck then. I would check the ticket again before you go to bed & before the test to see if it has changed and then reprint. I would also bring a copy of the name change request to the test center if for some reason they don’t get to it tonight.

I just submitted the form as well. Let me know what you hear, mp3bu. I imagine we’ll be ok.

[original post removed]

I submitted 2 hours ago. Nothing yet. This is the last thing any of us need to be worrying about right now. So frustrating.

Same here. Did you also forget your middle name?

The only difference with the new ID policy is that you can ONLY USE a passport.

Last year I used my same passport w/ my middle name on it…don’t see why it will be rejectedt his time.

The CFAI person on the phone said that hundreds of others are experiencing this issue. If we do not receive anything, we should go to exam center and the decision will be made there.

Never a dull moment.

Oh, and if you do not receive anything by AM, print out the email you sent to CFAI and bring it to exam center.

Yeah I dont have middle name on ticket. So ridiculous.

Because last time the CFAI wasn’t gunning for you if there was a slightest difference in your name.

I literally had this problem and asked CFAI, and their direct reply was “YES IT MATTERS” What part of that do you not understand?