Windsor for L3?

For those that went, was it worth it?

I am a first time Level 3 Candidate but I think you should ask this question again on August 7, 2012 after 9:00am.

Created an AF account specifically to respond to this post because I was looking for similar information six months ago. Hopefully the specifics below help someone else.

My background: first time Level III taker in 2012, primary goal was passing on the first attempt. Used Schweser notes and practice tests; CFAI exams, blue boxes, EOC questions; weekly online course; three-day review course; and Windsor Week. Admittedly overkill in terms of classes, but each provided something useful.

The value of Windsor Week for Level III candidates is seeing ALL the material at one time in a unified, sensible way. For me, nothing else achieved that as effectively. Level III is integration, not memorization. Weekly course is great to keep you on pace with readings. Three-day review course is helpful if that’s all the time you have. Windsor Week ties all the content together, makes it easier to understand topic weights, and helps identify areas of weakness for revision in final weeks. You also get several different instructors providing insight on exam grading, more practice questions, and a mock exam.

I didn’t do Windsor Week for prior levels and wouldn’t change that given the different nature of Levels I and II. It’s definitely worthwhile for Level III.

I passed comfortably. Most important, I felt good walking out on June 2 about what I had and hadn’t answered correctly. Windsor Week was an important part of the process.

Creighton Bootcamp all the way. Mark LeFebvre is the Michael Jordon of the CFA. He got me through L3 on my first try. And I wasted the first 4 months of studying on Schweser material. I cannot recommend this bootcamp enough…