In this thread: people who passed L3 who need (more) work experience

I need about 1 year and 10 months work experience before I can get my charter.

Been there, done that!! I cleared level 3 in 2010, but was finally able to accrue enough work experience last month… Yeah, it probably is not as exciting this way, but I am still really looking forward to that milestone…

[quote=“calbears09”]

I need about 1 year and 10 months work experience before I can get my charter.

So how did you arrive at this no.?Did the institute certify saying you need only 1yr and 10 months?

Thanks

I have 14 months to go.

Spent two years as a research assistant for a University and all research directly related to PM which I did not get any work experience credit for. Kind of sucks, but I think I can wait knowing I don’t have to take any more tests.

I feel your pain. Passed L3 and still have a year left of work experience to accrue. I don’t really mind though since now it’s just a matter of not getting fired.

Guys, would be grateful if someone could point me to the check list of what qualifies and what does not as valid workex. I might have more than 2 years required depending on how previous workex is perceived.

[quote=“praha”]

No, I’ve been working in valuation (and then corporate development/M&A) consistently for 2 year and 2 months. So I figure I have 1 year 10 months left.

? Not sure if this was intended as a response to me. I have 34 months of experience. I would have a lot more if those 2 years counted. As it is, I have 14 months to go…

I also need ~6 more months of experience. In the meantime, i assume i need to 1) request CFAI to review my current work experience for approval, and 2) do i need to request membership to my local society or CFAI? Or should that wait until i get the work experience? Is this correct?

1.5 years here. Let’s hope it goes fast.

I have a question, does a equity dealer work experience sufficient for charter?

quoted the wrong person, sorry.

I’m 24 and need more than 3 years… :wink:

Started in Nov 2008 in fx trading but the first year was officially a traineeship. However, i was part of the decision making process straight from beginning. Does anyone know if this first year also qualifies as the required work experience? Do i actually have to give this info during the app process or can i just say that i started Nov 2008, thats it…