2013 CFA Institute Sample Exam (30 Paid Questions) Results

Sample 1 - 22/30 - 73.33%

Made mistakes by implying wrong formulas on two questions else would have scored - 80%.

Where can you purchase these? Are these the 40 $ mocks?

yes…40$ mocks

dont they say that you should be doing those early in your prep?

but prob a good idea to brush back up on the basics.

Took the first one now and scored just 60%…holy sh!t. That was tough.

Unless they’ve gotten better, the samples were terrible when I took L2. I took all three and got a 40, 60, and 90.

I heard sample exams represent the actual test better than the mocks.

2013 Sample Test 1: 50%

2013 Sample Test 2: 76%

When did you take them? First exam was tough and had problems that I haven’t seen them yet in any of the practice exams. I took it to boost my morale but it worked the other way…

Did NOT do well with Ethics in the first sample…

whats the score though?

I struggled with ethics in exam one. Got 70%. Will do sample #2 tomorow. I hope these are inline with the actual test. I thought this was fair but a few curveballs.

For example I didnt know the simple way to compute GDP trend growth was to add the employment data.

i thought they were much harder than the mock which confuses me because the site tells you to take the samples before the mock. i would have thought you would want to take the easier ones earlier in study and then the harder one at the end.

did first one, 21/30 because I guess I’m just not ethical… Second one was much easier, got 26/30, but I’m struggling with the Cash and Carry question… if we long the spot and short the forward, wouldn’t we want the lease rate to be higher than the storage costs? Answer has it the other way around, and I haven’t seen an errata or anything so wanted to get folks’ thoughts.

Andytrader:

I struggled with ethics in exam one. Got 70%. Will do sample #2 tomorow. I hope these are inline with the actual test. I thought this was fair but a few curveballs.

For example I didnt know the simple way to compute GDP trend growth was to add the employment data.

On this one , can you point me to the relevant section in the CFAI text , so I know what you’re talking about ?

Thanks

sure, per the sample exam, mentions Study Session13-33-a.

This is question 60 btw if you have the sample.

check the answer sheet, it has given - SS 6-18-j

When the text says commodity lender does that refer to the person who bought spot? or who shorted?

It is 4.2.2 in volume 3:

So basically you add just labor inputs and thats the answer. Capital, consumer spending, inflation not required.

Trying to think logically, the commodity lender would be the person selling short the commodity and buying the forward, right? Since he would be lending out the commodity?

Per your example above you are borrowing the asset so you pay the lease rate.