books

Now that it it over… can you guys suggest any good books to read? Not fiction and stuff. But something related to finance/investing… like “Fooled by Randomness” or “Liar Poker” stuff like that.

yup

CFA book 1-6 cheeky

Reading GIPs should be fun now that the exam is over…

^ Naughty :slight_smile:

“The Prize” by Daniel Yergin

If you’re interested in the history of oil industry…

I found the book to be exceptionally detailed

Thanks, will give that a shot…

Anyone tossing your books? I threw out my level 2 books immediately after the test. It felt great.

I put my level 3 texts into donation box for local charity haha

L2 books I gave off to one AFer from Hyderabad who was looking for materials I used… I pass on the prep providers materials (if I pass) to other L2 candidates… I dont sell them, I pass on to other candidates who know me or contact me first.

can you toss online books?

Actually, frankly speaking I think Cfa textbook are pretty good! For reading and knowledge, not studying though-- it can kill! Lolxx

^ :slight_smile: They are as good as already tossed right :slight_smile:

Why would you want to be a CFA Charterholder and toss all your books? Unless you can recall 100% the body of knowledge it does not make sense.

Why take the exam and throw away all the material. Surely this is what you want to do with your life so keeping the material to refer back to at some point if needed in the future only makes sense.

Def. keeping my CFA curriculum… Actually just stacked all of my level 1 through 3 books on top of eachother. 13.6 inches of thickness overall. Weird how Level 1 has the thickest set of books and by quite a bit… I would’ve thought it was level 2…

I started reading “The Big Short” after christmas but kinda stopped becuase of my study schedule. I will pick it back up in the coming days… I do plan on shifting over to some fiction, however. Just picked up the new Dan Brown book… Inferno. Should keep me entertained!

Cheers

I have the regret of throwing away all of my CFA curriculums after becoming the charterholder.

I guess I had to do that because of relocating but I should have retained all of them as they are good reference for lifetime.

I want to get my hands on the curriculum of 1967, the year in which 97% of the candidates passed and became a charter holder

The Art of Racing in the Rain is next on my list, supposedly great for car enthusiasts and dog owners, or both.

I recommend Peter Lynch’s One up on Wall Street

Its like reading an annual report of coca cola in 1980s before Buffett bought it… Whats the point? lolxx

1- Thinking Fast and Slow ( Daniel kahneman)

2- Antifragile ( nassim taleb)

3- The Myth of the rational market ( jUSTIN fOX)