How to keep off the Level 3 exam off mind?

It has been 10 days since the exam is over. Yet the exam seems to haunt me and despite having screwed in the exam come back to the forum to see if someone has posted a lower expected MPS ( confirmation bias). I am expecting a overall score of around 60-62%…so borderline case at best. When in office this bug gets away but out of workplace and the bug reappears. Quite similar to the weeks after a break up . The memories keep lingering. How are u guys distracting the mind from level 3? PS- Beer is not helping

Do you play sports? I’ve gotten back into tennis after the exam, and it’s worked wonders.

how

I have started watching Game of Thrones. I actually didn’t hear about this particular show while studying. Thank goodness.

watch this bro… http://www.theonion.com/video/study-anxiety-resolved-by-thinking-about-it-real-h,32556/?playlist=recent-news

Get your life back (unless you didn’t have one before the exam) then i would suggest spending some time at the gym, movies, reading novels, watching tv series, gaming (ps3 etc etc … ) …

stop ignoring your girlfriend.

which one?. the actual one or the metaphorical cfa

thanks for ur tips…henriko let mego thru that site,…seems impressve…i cant believe that i am the only one who has not got over it

rub a few out

Study for CPA, CAIA, CIPM and Claritas

Play the mkt

I miss the last bull run because of the exam… payback time!

I am the same way man. Unlike Level 1 and Level 2 I can’t stop thinking about my results.

I think it’s because it’s the last one and there is a possibility this study-nightmare may finally be over once and for all.

http://www.cfasociety.org/philippines/candidates/grading.aspx

Run a marathon, play or listen to music, watch a sports if you cant play one, enjoy life… Life is much more than passing an exam anyway my friend. Spend time with ones you missed or you ignored.

Remember life is much more than an exam… My personal experience… First thing I hear after I called up my mom after the exam was that my father was to undergo an angiogram which on sunday revealed 3 blocks. He had a bypass last weekend and safe now… So the stress for me and my brother after the exam has been even more… After all this, for me exam result means nothing much.

What would happen, may be I would be required to study one more year thats all. And anyway whats the use in getting a certificate, if I havent got the required knowledge anyway!

So go hug your parents, your wife (if you are married that is wink) or your GF if you have one, else get one!!! As a wise man told me - “Problems in life are always relative and they always exist. An important problem becomes less important if you get another problem more important than the first one :)”

So sorry if sounded pedantic here…

+1

Couldnt agree more. I lost my dad just a few months prior to the exam. I recall being in the hospital and studying during times when he was asleep. I now regret that i didnt focus on him 100% even if he was asleep. But I definitely take this test too seriously. Hope your dad is doing better and family and friends should be enough of a distraction. I just need to make more of an effort to focus on them more.

thank you all for your tips…the point is that i am not actually sulken … just that it occupies some space in the mind…nevertheless wl try to follow ur suggesstions…

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

You cannot change the results of the exam, but there are a multitude of others you can.

Be at peace with the former, pursue the latter.

Godspeed.

I was very sorry to read your post when you posted about this a couple of months back Andy:( May his soul RIP… My thoughts are with you too… Take care…

Dad is doing fine presently and his vital parameters are all slowly coming back to normal. Thank you for your kind thoughts…