How many different graders evaluate each morning session paper?

Maybe this is common knowledge but i don’t recall seeing anything about this. I am curious…will my morning paper be graded (or at least checked) by more than one grader? My obvious concern is that some CFA crazed grader goes ape shit on my paper and takes me out of the game. I find it hard to believe that with 600 different graders that the process will be fair. Hoping for a pass but this kind of system frankly scares me.

My understanding that there is a grader (or perhaps a set of graders) assigned to one specific question. Each grader only gets to see the question they are grading, not the rest of your exam. There are also several checks and balances along the way.

I believe each question is graded more than once, and if you are on the border, they look through it more to see if they missed any points you had. I believe I read all of that before. I work with a guy who used to grade them, and while he didn’t go into detail, he did say that they are very thorough and that even adding in one word could give you some partial credit.

I went to a meet the grader session organised by the local society, where a grader answered questions for c 45mins

Apparently for the am session is marked using one grader per question.

Once they have marked all the papers the first time round, those papers where the score is between 25% and 75% are re-marked one question at a time by another set of graders.

All seemed quite well organised and fair. They tried to get a mix of cultures so that it was fair on candidates’ first language was not English

(also sounded like a bit of a party over there for 2 weeks!)

so if there is a difference between the scores from the two graders, do they go with average? higher or lower?

During the exam I was flipping through the booklet and noticed that the back cover was actually two pages that could be folded out. One of the pages had what appeared to be some kind of grading sheet, and it had a spot for a “Grader”, and then a “Senior Grader” and then a spot for “Quality Control” or “Quality Check” or something.

So yeah, I think everything is reviewed by more than one person.

Did anyone else notice that in the back of the exam booklet?

Wow! thats some eye for detail! all i noticed was the clock running and the questions!! nice info…

Each question/ part is graded by at least 2 people, and if the scores do not agree (or by a lot?) then there will be a third grader i think.

And yes, graders are specialized in each question, meaning, grader A only grades Question 2 Part C for instance.

a group of charterholders sit around and debate the “perfect answer”.

in actual grading, each question is graded multiple times by different people to ensure there’s little variance in the score.

yes, a grader will only ever look at that 1 question they are assigned to.

It’s a very safe-guarded system of fairness. Even if they messed up grading somehow, you’ll never know or prove it anyway. move on with life