First Post

What’s up, homies. Just wanted to make my first official post in the L3 forum. Feels good to be here after banging the shi*t out of that L2 exam.

Congrats Aether. Get ready for a whole new world of essay questions. Item sets are for kiddies.

Welcome!

After two years in that shithole Level II forum I’m so FKN glad to be here

Enjoy that king of the world feeling while you can…level 3 is a whole different animal. Don’t even try to get going now, give yourself sometime to enjoy this feeling.

Happy to be here as well.

Hi…glad to be here! One more to go!

Hey all! Lets do this! When do we start studying?!

I was planning to start in October given my history of failing exams by starting in January and only using Schweser. I want to read and do mostly CFAI text this year. Would appreciate any tips on review sessions to attend for Level 3 that have an effectiveness level similar to those of the John Harris Accounting workshops on L2.

When I was studying for level 2 in the library there was a girl studying for level 3 who would let out these huge siiiiiighhhhhs after reviewing her wrong answers to every problem. I get the feeling that we just jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. :slight_smile:

Start as soon as you get your books. The good news is no more FRA or Quant. The bad news is you still have derivatives and now behavioral finance and a monster we all know as GIPS.

The best advice I can give is to remember that level 3 has an essay/structured response morning session. Guessing does not work for essays. Rote memorization of formula also does not work. You truly need to understand the curriculum and be able to adapt your approach to given situations to recommend a solution that is client specific.

Also, remember that level 3 integrates all the topics. You can see any topic as any part of a question. They say level 3 is easier than level 2 and that isn’t exactly 100% true. It demands a totally different skill set.

So welcome to level 3, glad you made it but be prepared for a rough ride.

Congrats on passing level 2. From my point of view, L2 was the hardest material. Now you’ve earned the right to take the hardest exam. Enjoy your pass - L3 is one giant frustrating ambiguous piece of suck.

Wish there was a like button. yes

If your Asian and you know it clap your hands…

it’s getting crowded here… like a Japanese subway.

:slight_smile:

Yo Yo the most awaited feeling L3 !!!

Can’t wait to start prepare

Nice to come to last and toughest level

my first post here in l3 forums too!

looking forward to some more commraderie, commiseration, and (potential) celebration.

Guys slow down a bit. The regulars on here still have till August 6 to receive results.

Pardon the excitement. This is the normal flow of things after each level… newbies breaking bread in L2/L3 forums.

You are pardoned dude! I just don’t feel confident to advise you all on how to pass level 3 until I receive the pass email. Hopefully, come August 6. Kindly bear with us!