Re-grading. Is it even an option?

I just took level 3 for the 2nd time. The first time I was band 7. This time I gave it my all, took the Schweser class, went to every class, did every problem did all of the mocks I could find as well as the CFA mocks. I left the test feeling very confident and actually thought I had passed. I ended up band 7 again due to the AM session. My co-worker suggested I get it re-graded. Here is my question.

Does anyone ever have a test regraded and have the results change? Is it common?

Do you even think it is worth it for band 7? If I were band 9 or 10 I think I might give it a go but I am not sure if it would even be possible to pass from band 7.

Better luck next year!

AM is always a surprise to everyone, trust me, you may feel like you are the only one who felt confident and failed AM, but almost 90% of people are taken aback by their AM results.

I am still shocked by my AM results failed all but 2 sections. Even fixed income which considering I traded 10-2 bond futures and options in chicago is kinda hilarious and infuriating that I failed that section. Level III is a bizarre creature.

i think i have heard from some people that regrading only means adding up your score again for the whole exam, and not actually regrade each of your question…

it doesn’t matter a band 7 or band 9/10… lets say the MPS was 60 and there were a huge bunge of people in the 50’s, so if they really missed one or two questions, then readding the score could really make a difference

did you put your answers in a strange order that they could have missed it? did you label your answer correct???

if you believe you should have passed, then you should give it a try, but i haven’t heard of any successful case…

CFA Institute does not regrade. They just check that the points are correctly added. So, I don’t evern recommend retabulation.

AM section is really unpredictable. Despite that fact that I passed (2nd attempt), I was expecting much better results for the AM section. AM section is really unpredictable. I guess it’s the nature of the beast and one can only practice more in order to overcome it.

For next year, do not spend a lot of time reading or studying materials. If you already know concepts, just concentrate on solving both multiple choice and essay questions. Purchase Schweser Qbank and 6 practice exams. If you still want to read, get the Stalla mobile app. Although I used it for only 2 weeks, it summarized well all the necessary concepts. And if you already mastered the concepts, then don’t waste time going over them all over again. Try to memorize and understand, do not read a lot. That was my strategy and I guess it worked.

Don’t waste the money on regrading. Change your approach. Use the CFA material. I used Schweser - like you - and failed. I switched gears and used the CFAI material only and passed easily. You can do this.

Don’t waste the money on regrading. Change your approach. Use the CFA material. I used Schweser - like you - and failed. I switched gears and used the CFAI material only and passed easily. You can do this.

by the way…i don’t know your score distribution for the AM section…

if you got >50 for only 1 or 2 questions and <50 otherwise, then don’t go for it, it is not likely that they missed that many questions…

if you got 3-4 questions >50 and a few <50, then maybe you should try it…

Still a waste of money. They don’t regrade ANYTHING. They literally recount the points that they’ve recounted four times already. It sucks, I’m sorry. I’ve been there.

I would recomend that you read the information on the CFA website about how they grade the test in the first place, it is extremely thorough. I would say you should not pay for the regrade.