Time to let go of CFA- Good bye friends

Guys i am leaving CFA level 3 for now. really no scope now in India with my background and exprience… I have made my decision. Good luck to al of you for the support in level 1 and level 2 . Best of Luck to all of you.

I will complete level 3 someday but right now it doesnt seem it willl give me fruits.

Giving Up Does’nt Mean You Are Weak. Sometimes It Means That You Are Strong Enough To Let Go It takes courage to finally realize that all that you are doing is setting yourself up to be hurt every single day, It takes strength to finally make that decision to let go it’s not a sign of weakness to give up on something that will never happen again. I know what the consequences will be once I have made that decision, What I don’t know if I am strong enough to let go and face the pain and sorrow of my decision. But I also know that the longer I postpone it the harder it will be, I’m in so such turmoil over the most painful decision I have to make, but I know it’s time to let go.

so long, my friend, and G’luck.

Good luck. Revisit level 3 when you get the rest of your ducks in a line. Youll do well.

nautanki saala :slight_smile:

seriously why don’t you consider try with one of the many prep providers that have set up shop in the recent past. You may not get a job of your choice immediately given the bad job market. This could keep you going till you get a better job.

You have time til the deadline for level III registration. keep the hunt on and take a call in a few months time.

Good luck.

Why there is no scope for CFA in India? Isn’t number in test takers jumped exponentially in recent past due to candidates from India, China and over all Asia? You would think that chartholders are in demand there and hence increase in test takers…

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xghYihKX9Es]

replace “pikachu” with “CFA exam”

Best of luck !

All the best…

Good luck in your future endeavors, buddy.

It’s interesting how CFA candidates have so much passions and emotions toward the program.

it is only an education program (i wouldn’t even call it a professional program since many people can be charterholder and not be a professional anything), don’t dwell too much into it, and yes, giving up is not a bad thing because there are so much more in life you can do!

Anyway, good luck with all your endeavours, and i am sure someone will work for you! :slight_smile:

like dating NANA

Yes charterholders are in demand… But you become a charterholder only if you have experience right? During 2004-2007 anybody who cleared these exams were given a job. Now thats NOT the case.

Good luck Vicy!

Job market is bad . It is tough for those who have passed all three levels but do not have the requisite experience. however there are those who have passed all levels and have experience but chose not to enrich the CFAI coffers. Thye simple state they have passed all three levels and are considered equivalent to charter holders.

Good luck Vicki

Don’t think of it as quitting, think of it more as taking a break from the programme and focusing your time on other endeavours.

If you did L1 Dec - L2 June on the bounce I’m sure you’ll be fine to pick up L3 at a later date.

I have to say, I’m going to miss your posts in the build up to the 2014 exam. Your ‘Oh my god, I’ve only done 3 full read throughs, 6 million qbank questions and 36 full mocks, i’m so going to fail’ posts made me smile. I’m not taking the piss, I genuinely liked your posts for level 2.

I have a feeling Vicky will be back and will register for Level III.

My experience - when i took up the CFA i had decided only to do Level 1 & 2 and leave Level 3 till a suitable time. At the time i took up the course i was working as buy-side Corporate Treasury Manager in India and I could apply learnings of level 1 & 2 to my work. Level 3 was 50% Portfolio management and had very little direct relevance to my job as India market buy-side fixed income is quite under-developed. However once I switched jobs and started managing a US fixed income investment portfolio out of India i saw that the Level 3 curriculum was exteremely relevant even though i was on the buy-side. So if you are on sell-side in India or buy-side US focussed portfolio then the qualification makes sense.

I think you can try and start working in sell-side India and then take up and complete your level 3. You have crossed the hard part i.e. Level 2, so you can comeback anytime in future to complete it. My litmus test was that if you do not use or refer to the curriculum every day after you pass the exam, then you easily forget what you studied and the qualification is not really worth all the effort and personal sacrifice one puts in to pass the exam.

If the job market is crap in India, try out other places, Singapore, Hong Kong, many cities in Europe.

Best of luck with your career, I had hoped we battled out Level 3 together since I think we passed Level 1 & 2 with arif and in the same timeframe.

Vicky don’t break the momentum :slight_smile: You will obviously pass level 3 and you’ll get to say that you passed all levels at the minimum possible time frame! Furthermore it’s always better to get rid of hurdles early. You never know where you might end up and whether you’ll have the same energy and time.

Good luck whatever your final decision is.

Listen, his choice is the right one at least for the time being. He needs to focus on getting a job in finance now. He can spend the next 6 months doing only that and then start level 3 if it makes sense then.

I disagree, there are many people who come back after taking a break and there is no shame or disadvantage - GIVEN HER SITUATION.

if you are not fully committed and enthusiastic about the program, it’s highly unlikely you will be motivated to study and do well on the exam, so yes, it SEEMS LIKE it’s just another exam, big deal, just write it and move on, but as a L2 passer yourself, it’s not JUST one exam is it? What if she tries L3 and fails, then she is obligated to retake it, while being burnt out… and it’s just a vicious circle!