its like a hell to me spent 6 years already in CFA curriculum

level 1 first attempt

level 2 third attempt

level 3 going to attempt the third time as well

thats really desperate sometimes when friends passed them all and only me left behind

could anyone share the study method / answering skills on the essay ?

You need Claritas, friend. Here’s a free hacksaw.

Step 1 - read the curriculum.

Step 2 - answer the questions.

Step 3 - read the curriculum again.

Step 4 - answer the questions again.

Step 5 - answer more practice questions.

Step 6 - answer even more practice questions.

Step 7 - read the curriculum a third time.

Step 8 - answer the questions a third time.

Step 9 - take as many mock exams as you can get your hands on.

thats help? any idea of the hacksaw?

that sounds good strategy

as i missed out step 4 to 8 …

pray to the sun god Ra

^ And pray to the hacksaw

Same here mate…but fortunately I cleared on 3rd.

You have to be really precise and to the point, use keywords from CFA books in your answers. Do as much past papers as possible, redo them, and redo them. Refer the institute books.

I even prepared model answers for certain question.

study like a mad man in the last month

mad man in terms of commitment, not charging bull and do everything blindly. understanding trumps brute force approach

Ya, i don’t understand why people do not re-do their questions (esp mock exams), everyone seems to be saving them for last week of studying and expect to memorize every question by doing them once!

SUCH A BAD MISTAKE!

You pay good money for those mocks you should do them at least twice, if not a few times for some specific questions.

As for all those attempts, i do feel for you… i think you may lack the enthusiasm and perhaps find it harder to study. Try to take a break maybe?

If you havent read the material 3x in detail, you can’t say you tried hard enough. The Rusty Saw has spoken - You are not worthy of the designation!

Supplementing what these guys above said - you might want to (read: SHOULD) take a course on writing and communicating in business/formal English. Especially if the AM section has been holding you back. Use some punctuation as well. I don’t say this lightly but nobody (and certainly not CFA markers) have time to read and re-read non-sensical paragraphs with English words cobbled together.

How much have you been relying on Schweser?

Level 1 first attempt

Level 2 first attempt

Level 3 … failed twice … 1st time band 2, now band 8 … I bombed 7 sections in the AM.

I have read CFAI books +3 times, solved EOC more than 3 times and solved AM/PM (2009 till latest)+3 times.

And yet, i failed … Any advise?

Im not a quitter …

6 years seem too long. May God be with U.

@ Bilal

seems like AM is whacking u hard everytime. practise doing more variety of qns and not just writing for the sake of writing it 3 times over?

AM part needs understanding and linking of all the parts, ESP fixed income. some parts have to memorize some template to aid in the answering of qns. common ones like SAMURAI…omg i only remembered this…

If you fail each level once, that gives you 6 tries.

I’m not sure I would have made the effort beyond 6 years. that just sounds too painful.

Thanks support from all of you !

Actually starting from level 2 i read the curriculum,

maybe that really the main point i didnt go through the curriculum and mock several times(just two times) ,

i just finished the mock as “homework” , thats why i didnt get a thorough understanding .

So as Zapana and NaNa mention i should hv done more than that !

I am not a native English speaker. So I order to write a better English paragraph i would like to come here more often. Perhaps I need to take some writing course in business English!

Don’t need paragraphs on the AM! Keep it short and simple!

That’s a good attitude to have. Try to write more English and read English news sites, perfect your writing skills and take a course! You will learn much faster. Writing good paragraphs will take longer to learn, but you can still pass this exam with concise English point form answers. In your case, brevity is your friend!