How to study and read faster

Hi, just starting to read and take notes of the curriculum. I was wondering if you guys have quick tips on how to read faster.

Also on how to establish a routine and keep focused concentration for long periods (up to 90 minutes).

I want to study in the mornings (5 am), do any of you do that? Do you have any tips?

Thanks in advance!

I can’t comment on reading faster but in terms of keeping concentration the academic view is that short bursts with short breaks is the best way. So 30 mins study, 5 minute break, repeat.

I am not a morning person at all but I find that early morning studying is the most effective for me. 5am might be a stretch but near exam time I get into the office at 6.30 and do 2 hours before work.

Obvious tips would be make sure you go to bed earlier to compensate, streamline your morning routine and drink some coffee.

since youre from colombia, im sure you got the good stuff lying around, that should help

adderall.

Go all Pablo Escobar on this exam. Absent that, lots of coffee. I often study in the morning before work.

It is better to grasp than be quick specially with a start 7 months in advance.

+1

I’m not sure that reading or studying faster is the answer. If you want to read faster skip every third or fourth word. If you want to pass take the time to learn the material.

What you should be looking at is how to use you time effectively and that’s going to be a different blend of reading wrinting notes and practicing questions depending on your learning style.

Thanks to all, great coments and vey helpful, except those stereotyping my country.

Not taking notes will be faster.

Concentrate on read for short period of time throughout the day would be good, like 30min at a time, before you go to work, during lunch break, and afterwork (before you go), and then before you go to bed. That’s like 2 hours of studying a day already!

Don’t worry about reading so much. Spend more time on active studying such as practice exams, CFA book questions, qbanks and flash cards.