Who finished the AM session?

I had 12 min unanswered, but I feel like I wasted too much time on one item…was it too long of an exam or I didn’t manage my time properly?

Me. I have learnt my lesson last year.

I got throught all but later i found i answered wrong at very simple questions that i have reviewed a lot of times. Real pissed off

I made it through - but super rushed versus mocks where I would finish with 10-20 minutes to spare.

Writing more slowly, nervously writing out verbose explanations and full legend for variables in calculations left me scrambling through later questions.

Finished it with about 15 seconds left.

Main problem was that I spent too long on the first question…almost 35 minutes on a 20 minute question i tthink.

Also, there was 1 question where I missed out that we had to answer it in a template…so when I turned the page, and saw the template, I had to completely copy paste my answer from the previous page…which wasted a further minute or 2.

I was playing catch up most of the way, but managed to to the last q (worth 15 points i think) with about 12 minutes remaining and ended up finishing it a dozen seconds before the proctor said pens down.

the first question was weird, WTF CFAI.

I had 40 minutes left so I had time to check everything and correct some errors. Still there are at least two erorrs that I already know of.

40 minutes!

W

T

F

?

!

I saw one person leave early in the AM. I’m a Band 10 retaker and I barely finished in time to check over my answers and make sure everything was written in the correct spots.

Chuckrox8 - per your experience last year, how did you feel you did on the AM section compared to the scores you received?

For those of you who did the Schweser live mock, I’d say the AM was considerably easier than Schweser and PM was on the same level of difficulty.

So if I wrote my answers on the wrong page, then wrote “See page XX” in the table, do I get any points?

Also, I was rushed but I finished. I’ll lose points for my weak justifications, but I didn’t have enough time to write out the full reasonings.

I think I left one 3 or 4 point sub-question blank. Shot a few airballs hoping for partial credit on one or two other subquestions… Overall, felt very good. Seemed straight-forward. I caught all the errors I had made on mocks and corrected them. I wasn’t feeling very confident going into the exam due to mock scores… but feeling pretty good about it ex post facto. I think I even found the mandatory one or two questions thrown in to lower the overall scores. Now to watch this forum for a week and spend 10 weeks losing the CFA fat that comes from sitting on my arse.

i finished but I wasn’t exactly happy with a lot of the responses in the last half of the paper, could have done with a lot more time to think things through.

I got to the end with about 45 minutes left, but I had about 4 of the small sub questions that I had left unfinished as I didn’t really know the answers. After I finished those I had about 15 mins left.

My thought process was get through everything I could answer and get all the points possible and don’t waste precious time on stuff I wasn’t confident in. I came back to the less confident stuff at the end.

They limited the possible answer choices on some questions this year on am so very little margin for error

agreed, I have a major issue with the first one and how it was worded. extremely upset over that one. The rest was straight forward.

what was the first one, ips

^

we cant tell you that fool. All we’re saying is that there was little margin for error on this years test.

i did not, toward the end, i skipped to the last question becasue the topic was one of my strengths, then I picked through the third to last and second to last questions to grab some low hanging fruit on those, definately lost some points on those…damn it

I like how they put the layup question last in AM - so people who didnt manage their time properly got fucked by missing it completely