Decision Days Remaining

Hi All,

I have applied for a regular membership and have recevied reference from my supervisor and a local society Regular Member.

Now awaiting for CFAI and Society to approve. The decision days remaining column is still not populated…I applied about 2 hours back…I know I am being too impatient :wink:

How does it go from here?

Hey Sam…me too same boat…how impatient we can get…:-))

if you registeredt just to post this…i can imagine you impatience :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m waiting for my freaking boss to post my 3rd reference, want to kick down his door and tell him to click the f***ing button!

My case would probably be worse. Had the application all ready to go except one reference. For whatever reason, it had to take over a month for her/him to submit the reference, not to mention several pestering attempts in between. I could’ve started using the letter right on the results release date!

Mine says “28 days”. It’ll start at 30 tomorrow and count down from there.

I applied a few weeks ago and CFAI only took a few days to approve. Then it goes onto the local society.

How involved is the form that they need to complete? Battling getting mine back from my referees both CFA Charterholders who should understand my excitement and urgency…

Its extremely quick. Should take under 3 min to complete the full reference. 3 yes/no questions & 2 written responses that can be sufficiently answered in less than 1 sentence.

The guys at work showed it to me, since we all sit on a desk together.

I was waiting for that last 3rd reference and he said will do it the next day morning… being impatient!

I hear you. All submitted now, just waiting for the ‘decision days remaining’ number to appear…

Still have to wait a few more days for them to give up on me paying NYSSA any money… So annoying…

Just get a reference from someone in your local society and you only need two references.

So, how long for work experience review? 3-4 days?

It took about 1.5 days for CFAI to approve my work experience.

Once the work experience is approved, poke someone at your local societiy to approve the application. I applied several months ago, waited 3 weeks after my work exp was approved, then got the full application approved 20 minutes after I asked the local society to check in on it.

Did you have to join the local society in order for them to approve?

Perhaps I should hear back soon then on my work experience (submitted Wednesday). Maybe my job description is not straightforward enough for them to stamp an immediate pass? Wonder if it would be worth calling CFAI to check the status… Didn’t think I would be this impatient!

I joined the local society because I thought it was a smart thing to do.

They approved my work ex in about 3 days, but they’re more overwhelemed now with new applications than at any other time of the year, so expect it to take awhile.

29 days remaining… What does this mean?