What's next?

Hi ,

I was recently fortunate enough to pass the level 3’s, weird thing is I am itching to get back into studying something… maybe cause the last 5 years thats what I been doing !

Interested in knowing, what comes next ? ACCA? CAIA? CIMA??

None of the above. I plan to enjoy life for a while.

Agreed. You have got a great qualification now. Enjoy life and smash your job.

Gets to a point whereby any additional qualifications are going to add little value. Well maybe top 3 MBA would be beneficial but no way can ever afford to do one!

why do you feel you need an alphabet soup of letters behind your name?

Hell bent on working hard at the new job, understand everything possible and as peter said smash my job - will help me move to Equity research jobs a couple of years down the line :slight_smile: Also enhance my skills required.

No alphabet soup for me.

EYFL*

*enjoy your freakin’ life

Why would you continue to get more alphabet soup? Why do CIMA after CFA? That’s like going to get a BBA from Hacksaw State after you’ve got your MBA.

Why do CAIA? Do you work in alternative investments? Do you know anybody in alternative investments who has the CAIA? Do you know anybody who has the CAIA who works in alternative investments?

Why do the ACCA? Do you work in accounting? Do you want to work in accounting? Why would you do the ACCA and the CAIA? Do you plan to work in the accounting section of a hedge fund that specializes in alternative investments?

^ yes what Greenie said. I was just trying to be nice.

Almost the same dilemma. FRM registration one of the deadline is August end, so have been thinking about it (as hopefully by that time would remember the common sections between CFA and FRM), and the retention might reduce later.

At the same time, would like to take some time off studies and focus on better things in life. And thinking, if the career has to get benefited, CFA is a reasonable qualification to have (rather than keep adding alphabets as some posters rightly say).

So introspection time for another 10 days!

haha! Im a nerd as well! But right now I want to relax for at least an year and do whatever I couldn’t due to CFA (gym, reading, write, travel)

I know eventually I would want to study something. I am thinking of adding Islamic Finance qualification. Other than that if I really lose my mind not studying, then a PhD. Anything else after CFA is pointless.

at the end of the day youre another day older, sitting on your bum doesnt buy any bread

I get the theme of sitting back and soaking up the applause, but the nerd in me wants more also my situation is little unique, I started off in Investments but by the time I finished level 2 moved to corp finance, so I have basically made my CFA redundant and at this point I would be more suited to have a ACCA or CIMA, Currently in a planning and analysis role with financial reporting thrown in…

I get the theme of sitting back and soaking up the applause, but the nerd in me wants more also my situation is little unique, I started off in Investments but by the time I finished level 2 moved to corp finance, so I have basically made my CFA redundant and at this point I would be more suited to have a ACCA or CIMA, Currently in a planning and analysis role with financial reporting thrown in…

Hi Juan316, So why does the CFA become redundant in Corporate Finance? And even more to the point how does CIMA/ACCA help? Thanks

Hi Juan316, So why does the CFA become redundant in Corporate Finance? And even more to the point how does CIMA/ACCA help? Thanks

say what!

Haha yeah , forced move you could say…

Well the CFA is heavily skewed towards Port Mgmt isn’t it. It doesn’t really help when your making budgets, cash flows and trending for a media firm right

No it is not.

Side Note: How many "Juan"s live and/or were born in India? Doesn’t sound like a name you’d hear everyday in New Delhi.