Post your gut feeling

If everyone is up for it, lets use this thread to post our gut feelings about topics that may turn up in the exam to help in the final revision. Having studied the curriculum, I believe there are specific areas we all believe should turn up.

I will start with mine and see how is the enthusiasm. Try to be as specific as possible. There would be questions on the following specific topic -

1. Properties of benchmark and critique the use of Bond or hedge fund becnhmarks

2. Calculation question on implementation shortfall (definitely not covering all the components)

3. Combination of behavioural biases and asse allocation (biases affecting asset allocation such as loss aversion, fear of regret and mental accounting)

Will calculate my accuracy after the exam :slight_smile:

My gut feeling? Not the best at this moment.

(Started the Memorial Day celebration a little early by chasing an extra large order of nachos (extra jalapeños) with a few cervezas – followed by 2 “rock 'n roll” margaritas. Definitely not “American” and now karma is making me pay the price… Hoping to feel better for some hot dogs and hamburgers, tomorrow, though.)

With that aside, here are some tips for the topics you spelled out above…

1. SAMURAI

2. Only 4 parts to calculating I/S – don’t make it any harder than it has to be

3. CC RIH’der and FAMA (cognitive) vs. LOSSSER (emotional)