Did you pass L3in

jordanesque23 wrote:

I got a preliminary pass yesterday and my error shows the shorter one

LOL!!! 

We be craazzayyy!!!

Kaplan Schweser has information on the program and your career potential as a CFA® charterholder.

Miss Cleo has the CFA designation. So either she’s just kidding (a menopause symptom ), or the WTF error means something even for charterholders. 

Rahul, and Vicky on the same side

that’s weird…….this is what mine says:

EF_ERR_CUSTOM1: Click here <————- to see the wizard behind the green curtain

what the hell does this mean?

guys, i can confirm the validity of this theory from 3 different people:

-i got a prelim pass, and got the pass message as well (the longer one)

-my friend saw a prelim fail, and got the fail message too (the shorter one)

-my another friend saw a prelim fail but got the pass message

LOL

i had you for a second didnt I ;)

guys relax, pass or fail, it’s been determined, nothing will change your fate…

I saw - class action lawsuit is in order.

After all, CFAI, a profit generating entity, that has just caused pain and suffering for all the L3 candidates. 

I got the message you are already registered for CFA program. I didnt get any error msg.

tarasishe wrote:

After all, CFAI, a profit generating entity, that has just caused pain and suffering for all the L3 candidates. 

CFAI is a NPO

I couldn’t acces my results at a time very close to everyone else being able to access theirs (literally 2 minutes apart) and I got the shorter message.

NPO can still generate economic profit, with only difference that its not distributed to shareholders as there are none. So, take a guess, where that profit goest each year. Definitely not to the charity.

A class action over an accidental early reveal of the test results? This might be the definition of frivolous.

Lol… ridiculous.

get a sense of humor. Life will seem so much better if you can distinguish sarcasm.  Seriously 

Here you go… page 16. NPO renumeration indeed. 

http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/governance/Documents/proxy_meeting_not...

Thank You for Registering for CFA Program

WF_ERR_CUSTOM_1: Quote Id ‘1-1YZDUD8’ associated to Person Id ‘nnnnnn’ and Registration ‘1-1xxxx’ has not been submitted(SBL-BPR-00131)

Very confident

I think people at CFAI that are reading this thread are laughing at us.

You can’t blame us, though. We invested 5-6 months of our lives devoted to this exam that we took around 55 freaking days ago. We also know that our results are basically determined, preliminary or not. It’s time for results!

Been reading here for a while..to anyone this concerns: Calling the outcome of (a) multiple choice, mostly “hit or miss” exam(s) fate is an affront to those people having real problem in life. And no, the CFA is not the hardest exam in the world. Sorry ‘bout breaking it to ya.. Pass or no pass, if you do not change your attitudes you are in for a rude awakening.

I hop on AF for one second and see this crap. I guess I’ll have to add to the conspiracy theory. What if the longer second message refers to the actual charter holder registration status of the candidate?

i thought this has been debunked already.

one person who got prelim pass yesterday got the longer msg while another one who also got prelim pass yesterday got a shorter msg. 

some people (myself included) can not see any error msg and it tells me registration confirmation number and everything. 

tarasishe wrote:

because sarcasm is so easily detected in your text.

tarasishe wrote:

get a sense of humor. Life will seem so much better if you can distinguish sarcasm.  Seriously 

In all actuality… I have a great sense of humor.

For the record, I think the people that are not getting the error message and instead are getting “you are already registered” are following a different path…they are clicking on “Register” in the blue box on the left hand side of the page and then “Register for the Next Exam” link. This provides a “You are already registered” message.

The peculiar binary error message outcomes seemed to be obtained when you follow the “Candidate Resources” -> “Registration Confirmation” on the right side of the page.

I still don’t think it means anything and people are laughing at us for this, but just fwiw

Audacious wrote:

Miss Cleo has the CFA designation. So either she’s just kidding (a menopause symptom ), or the WTF error means something even for charterholders. 

She is still L3 candidate.. 

“Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.”

Robert Kiyosaki

Does everyone have the added section of Event Information in their CFA account?

Is it really worth ?

Mol wrote:
Does everyone have the added section of Event Information in their CFA account?

yes, I believe that is on everyone’s profile.

Maybe just being a pessimist… But the long message really sounds like something that would be provided to a failed candidate. I’ve only heard of one person say they got long message and passed. And, they could be lying. My theory remains that the short message means you passed. As for Rahul, he’s bull****ting.

The whole theory of long short is dubious (no pun intended). Some candidates got no error message. Can there be 3 outcomes to a pass/fail result ? Lets be patient until Aug 11 which is arriving soon…

Maybe we can ask people we know who passed/failed the L1/L2 to see if they are also seeing similar messages? 

LOL .. OK, lets have some fun over here:

H0: Short msg is a fail

Ha: Short msg is not a fail

Sm1 gets us the P-value. If the P-value <5%,  we reject the null hypothesis and the “short msg” candidates should cheer up on a 5% significance level !!

On a serious talk: best of luck to all of you guys!

Will this make you more relaxed or anxious-er (now it’s a word):

this code is created by Oracle’s Siebel. It seems this is the database administrator chosen by CFAI. The different  Quote ID’s pertains to different field entries (unless CFAI use it in a different way). Maybe they refer to your status of registration (try to update some missing fields and check if the ID changes), or it might have something to do with passing/failing/registering for the next exam/applying for the charter/…etc. 

the no quote message, can mean anything. Depends on how CFAI define their database. The same is with the no error pages.

Identifying the meaning of the differing error messages is possible if sufficient information from current and past candidates were posted. But why? Just wait and find out the results. About me, I can’t wait, I believe I figured out something, but am not sure. 

Audacious wrote:

Identifying the meaning of the differing error messages is possible if sufficient information from current and past candidates were posted. But why? Just wait and find out the results. About me, I can’t wait, I believe I figured out something, but am not sure. 

Care to share what you found out?