Did you pass L3in

Audacious wrote:

Will this make you more relaxed or anxious-er (now it’s a word):

this code is created by Oracle’s Siebel. It seems this is the database administrator chosen by CFAI. The different  Quote ID’s pertains to different field entries (unless CFAI use it in a different way). Maybe they refer to your status of registration (try to update some missing fields and check if the ID changes), or it might have something to do with passing/failing/registering for the next exam/applying for the charter/…etc. 

the no quote message, can mean anything. Depends on how CFAI define their database. The same is with the no error pages.

Identifying the meaning of the differing error messages is possible if sufficient information from current and past candidates were posted. But why? Just wait and find out the results. About me, I can’t wait, I believe I figured out something, but am not sure. 

Why create the suspense by not telling us what you figured out.

I truly believed the error hint till it was discovered that there are both types of candidates in each category. Now, I don’t think it indicates pass or fail, although it does have some purpose. Honestly speaking, one can interpret the code either way depending on the message and level of paranoia

Kaplan Schweser has information on the program and your career potential as a CFA® charterholder.

1. It’s likely that am wrong

2. Beyond CFA, it’s improper to crack a code and share it. 

3. There’s a simple interpretation, and there’s a complex interpretation. The simple interpretation will be true only if Jordanesque have completed his registration for the Charter (a naive interpretation but might be true). I can’t share the slightly complex one (again, I might be wrong). 

They’re serving ice cream cake on 32 - run!!

"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

If the cfai has a sense of humor, which is highly questionable, they are undoubtedly laughing their a**es off at the Great Error Code Conspiracy Theory of 2015.

Topperharley wrote:

If the cfai has a sense of humor, which is highly questionable, they are undoubtedly laughing their a**es off at the Great Error Code Conspiracy Theory of 2015.

You over estimate them. They might be the gurus of Finance, but definitely not in technology.

It’s unprofessional to show a database status message on a webpage. This is metadata revealed. 

Many act calm right now, but on the results day, anxiety will be all over because of 30 minutes late emails. 

My advice: who don’t know how to analyze dba metadata, shouldnt speculate; just try to calm down and wait. If you know how, enjoy solving the puzzle. 

FML

WF_ERR_CUSTOM_1: There is not a Quote associated to Registration Id ‘1-xxx’(SBL-BPR-00131)

Audacious - you seem to be the smartest person on here, so if anyone has it figured out, I am betting on you.  So if you get the short message, but have not applied for the charter, then a fail?  Bummer.  That is me.

I got a “preliminary” pass on Wednesday, get the long error message and if “apply for the charter” means already being a dues-paying member of the CFAI and local society then I have done that as well. Hope that helps in piecing together your theory. 

Galli wrote:

FML

WF_ERR_CUSTOM_1: There is not a Quote associated to Registration Id ‘1-xxx’(SBL-BPR-00131)

That’s a pass, the long one is a fail…. 

There could be a very simle explanation: there is no quote assiciated to… Could mean that within the database the final result is not assigned to the ID, which means that the process is finished and the other error could mean that the quote has been associated however the results have not been submitted, which happens after receiving the email… Overall this means that there is no such early indication, which is inline why they have not fixed it.

wct2010 wrote:

I got a “preliminary” pass on Wednesday, get the long error message and if “apply for the charter” means already being a dues-paying member of the CFAI and local society then I have done that as well. Hope that helps in piecing together your theory. 

i got a prelimanary pass too. but i’m seeing the shorter error message. and i havent applied for the membership yet.

jordanesque23 wrote:

wct2010 wrote:

i got a prelimanary pass too. but i’m seeing the shorter error message. and i havent applied for the membership yet.

Yeah, the error message means nothing. 

Finally the consensus ))

Phoenix T. wrote:

which is inline why they have not fixed it.

I think they’ve just stopped this page from being updated until they finish updating their Oracle Siebel database. 

You need the Quote ID code AND different types of details of several candidates and Charterholders to figure something out. For this you need several candidates and charterholder friends to match and contrast their information. 

Just being short or long doesn’t mean much without getting the Quote ID. These are entries to the Siebel Database. Digging more without a good grasp of the concept might confuse you more. 

The issue behind CFAI leaks (happened this year and in the past), is the connection between some of their webpages and their CRM database system. I believe they need a technical guy on their Board that can’t be fooled by IT’s gibberish BS.

To those who PM me, am sorry I can’t share these findings (which might be as wrong as other speculations on AF)

jordanesque23 wrote:

wct2010 wrote:

thanks both. This helps. 

wct2010 wrote:

I didn’t get to check my results, but got the long message and didn’t apply for membership. Seems like the error mesasge doesn’t have much to do with the charter status…

error means nothing

I have to admit, a few comments in this particular post annoyed me badly when reading them two weeks before the result day… but at the end of the day, we paid so much efforts in this and nobody is there judge whether trying to figure out a “hint” is silly or not.

Saying that… I do wish CFA would consider closing the account access completely as soon as any result related preparation started on candidate’s accounts in the future. Yes, I know we meant to have stronger mental power than this working in this industry and there are way more important things in life than passing an exam… but still… this whole drama is probably something that most candidates would rather do without.

Balloon_321 wrote:

I have to admit, a few comments in this particular post annoyed me badly when reading them two weeks before the result day… but at the end of the day, we paid so much efforts in this and nobody is there judge whether trying to figure out a “hint” is silly or not.

Saying that… I do wish CFA would consider closing the account access completely as soon as any result related preparation started on candidate’s accounts in the future. Yes, I know we meant to have stronger mental power than this working in this industry and there are way more important things in life than passing an exam… but still… this whole drama is probably something that most candidates would rather do without.

everyone knows it’s silly, but we all cannot help trying, until the real result release.

High guys…. Does anyone per chance know of any MBA program which accept the CFA level 3 as an alternative to the GMAT or GRE requirement? thanks in advance