"Decision Days Remaining"

CFAI has approved my work experience. Now the application status reads, “Under Society Review”, and “Decision Days Remaining = 19”.

Is this really going to take 19 days? Has anyone already recieved a decision from their local chapter?

How many days did it take for CFAI to approve your work experience? And when did you submit?

I just submitted mine last 8/13 and decision days are currently blank for both CFAI and local society

My “Decision Days” for Society Review counted all the way down to zero, at which point I contacted CFAI and they had it approved same day. The society was NYSSA, and yes, I tried contacting them several times during that period.

I submitted mine on 8/14 and have blanks under decision days for both as well.

It took less than a week for CFAI to approve. Apparently, the 30 day countdown clock begins for the Society Review only after the CFAI has approved. The Society has up to 30 days to approve whereas the CFAI estimates 10 days.

Interesting. You had to contact the CFAI instead of the Society for the society reveiw? That would irritate the hell out of me if I have to wait the full 30 days only to have to call CFAI for them to push it through same day.

If CFAI approves the work experience I would imagine the society’s approval is just a formality and it should be done instantaneously IMHO.

It’s weird that the local society pretty much takes precedence.

@wsbull99 did you submit before or after the results came out?

appreciate the feedback guys. we should’ve submitted it before the results came out. but i guess we all didn’t want to jinx it. lol.

good thing is this is the easiest part in obtaining the charter. smiley

the “decision days” as others have mentioned, is for the local chapter to approve, once the CFAI approves your application.

if you are currently showing a blank in the decision days area, that means your application has not yet been “approved” by the CFAI (i’d recommend contacting them, it’ll speed up the process).

the local chapter approval can go on, it isn’t instantaneous. i went to a local chapter’s event last week to mingle, spoke with the executive director of my chapter - he said they are meeting mid-September as a Board to go review the applicants…obviously i couldnt say anything about my dissatisfaction having to wait so long (i was approved last Monday by the CFAI), so i guess i have to wait another month to get the Charter.

@jordanesque23

I Submitted my work experience the week before the results came out. I’m way more impatient now than when I was waiting for the results!

^ I know right? Should’ve done the same.

I got lucky and was approved by my local society like 15 days earlier than expected so it is def possible. Believe CFAI took like 3-4 business days. Agreed that waiting for it sucked, esp after getting the results!

Per your other thread (see: http://www.analystforum.com/forums/careers/91344174 ), don’t you think it would be a (somewhat) good idea to take advantage of access to a networking event? I wish you the best.

Haha, yes, you’re right. Since typing that post and getting some caffeine in my system - I went back to the local society page for kicks and realized I initially misunderstood. It’s $100 to join as local society member or $25-$35 per each event for GUESTS (not for members). I’ll be joining :slight_smile:

Thank you for the wishes - appreciate it.

when did u apply/

Ditto. Must say it was a very anticlimactic way to finish an arduous journey. In turn, I recommend you don’t bother checking your CFA status everyday between now and early September (even though I know you will, anyways).

#YoureGonnaBeDisappointed

25 days remaining for me

something else you learn in this program: Patience

Funny how we have waited for years to get the charter, and then get impatient over a few days.

Probably the most of us have already ordered the new business cards with the CFA designation. :slight_smile:

@vicky_cool400 I applied the last week in July.

Just got notified now. I recieved and email from CFAI saying Congratulations for being approved for Regular Membership. Not sure if this is all? Mentions ‘activating your membership’ which appears to mean ‘pay your dues’ which I already did. Anyone know if you get an email litteraly telling you it’s ok to use the designation? I’m paranoid to come this far only to screw it up!