When will you start studying?

October? November? Or the old-six months is enough rule? Fewer readings and different format. I must confess I have not thought much about it yet but will probably from next month onwards.

Im sitting for the FRM part 1 on November 20th, then off for a couple weeks holiday on a beach somewhere so will start mid December with a very light schedule, ramping it up to a full-on effort just after new year.

I reckon that should be enough time…

I’ve started but I’m only studying 3 days per week. The first two sections don’t have any math and are basically theory and relatively light. I realize it’s early but I’m predicting things being hectic with work this year and trying to get some of the “lighter” stuff done early. Last year I started in late October / early November and began studying almost everyday in late January.

I plan on starting October 1

Vacation from October 5-18 then I’ll start October 19. Try to read through everything once quickly and then really hit it hard starting in January/February.

No better time than today.

Or January…

The best time to start is yesterday.

The next-best time to start is today.

I started September 1st last year. Got through all of the CFAI books by x-mas (did all of EOC and Blue Boxes). Took a few weeks off around the holidays then I read through all of Schweser and did the EOC and Blue Boxes in CFAI again. Then I did the last 4 CFAI morning sessions and afternoon mocks and passed. Also did every single module on CFAI website for each subject. Made bullet point note cards when I went through Schweser.

Jan or Feb, assuming you are able to study 2 hours a day and 5 on sat/sun.

Start now.

Starting beginning of October because that is when I started Level 2 as well.

Am I crazy for thinking I won’t touch a book until first week of January?

It should be enough if you have quality study.

^ I actually recommend http://cfaexamlevel3.com. I got most of the notes for free last year and it did helped alot on top of CFAI and Schweiser. If I am to do it again (thank god almighty Thor that I don’t have to) I would get them again for the price they have it.

November 1st. I plan to have my summary completed by January 1st.

You all are going to burn out I feel like

Fiercer competition and overall much tougher exam (mostly due to AM format, not the material). I’d prefer 9 months of study over 6 + 6 + 6 +…who knows how many tries it will take.

Start now! You will be surprised how underprepared one can be to sit level 3 even after 400 hours of study.

Failed last year and have already picked up the books.

Buttocks mind your business. They can start whenever they please