"Go Study" for Level III

Has anyone purchased Go Study’s Level III Cram Guide or Complete Package?

I did. I bought the complete package. I like it.

I think it’s probably too condensed to use as one’s sole study guide, as it doesn’t include illustrative problems (or sample problems for that matter). But, there are numerous pointers throughout the reading on how material has been tested in the past, and tricks to watch out for which I find helpful. Plus, it’s not arranged by LOS or written in an academic style, so it’s easy to read. ~ It’s much more conversational. I’ve been comparing GoStudy to Schweser (my primary study material), and it seems that GoStudy is hitting the major points. Schweser leads its readings with a quick introduction about what we need to pay attention to and includes professor’s notes, but somehow with Go Study, I finish readings with a clearer sense of what I need to know by the time I walk into the exam.

Yeah I bought the complete package too and have found it to be very helpful…it’s not too expensive and I think it’s been great value for money. As mentioned above, it’s probably not suitable as a sole source of study but is great to read through to get hints/tips and be able to keep everything fresh in your mind.

Its very easy to read too, I’d agree.

All in all, it’s a thumbs up from me

P.S. The Cram Guide really is a cram guide, best suited for the week of the exam. - Shorter than Secret Sauce, more in line with Schweser’s Quicksheet (but with larger font, and longer).

I just purchased the complete package but don’t see the claimed 250 page guide, only the 30 page guide.

I also don’t see any additional mock exams or a mobile app. Am I missing something?

I’m thinking about purchasing it. I already have the Kaplan Self-Study Package and Wiley’s Silver Course so I don’t know if it will be overkill or not… I just don’t have time for Wiley’s Videos anymore to be honest. I’m more focused on Mock Exams and quick review.

Same. Did they ever appear?

Nope still not there.

Send them an e-mail though and they’ll send you a PDF of the longer guide.

They also don’t provide additional mocks, just the CFAI ones. Additionally, there’s no iOS app yet, only Android. They said the iOS app is currently up for review.

Also I’m only seeing seven Mock Exams. Not fifteen.

youve been ripped off

They responded quickly and provided me with it. Looking forward to going through everything.

Currently using Schweser and Gostudy, so i’ll throw my input in.

The cost is worth it alone for the cue card app they give you. On your phone? Flip through 30 of the cards and you’ve done some effective studying. No longer do you need to chose between using the washroom and studying.

Jokes aside, the cue cards are excellent and very well crafted. Has the odd spelling/formatting mistake here and there but overall excellent quality control for the content.

The cram notes and the guided notes are very helpful as well. The guided notes are much more to the point and not done in academia/theory but in pretty plain language. Very easy to read and understand.

Anybody else buy the package? I’d consider if worthwhile.

I bought the Cram Guide for $40 – it has been useful to review while commuting to and from work. Go Study also includes an equation guide and its summary of the behavioral finance material in the Cram Guide package. Their notes on behavioral finance were pretty good. I would have probably bought the full package if I had found out about Go Study earlier.

I picked up the full package ($99) about a week and a half ago, and I think it’s one of the best values on the market considering what most providers charge.

I’ve found the full Notes to be a great revision tool for my second trek through the material. I used Irfanullah for level II and now for level III, and he had a course review session for level II that he didn’t do for level III. So when I finished my first reading I was looking for a good crash course. I bought the GoStudy package, the Wiley 11th hour videos, and picked up a used copy of the 2015 Schweser Secret Sauce.

So far I’ve found the Wiley package to be far less worthwhile, but I’ve been pretty impressed with the breadth of the GoStudy material. Initially I contemplated just getting the Cram booklet for $30, but I’m glad I got the whole shebang, as the real value is in the Notes. It’s like the Secret Sauce on steroids.

I already have schweser premium package is it worth getting the go-study package at this late stage? I noticed it’s quite cheap and from what everyone has said here certainly sounds like value for money.