Level II Mock Scores - Input from those who recently passed

Hi All,

Hoping to get your input as you’ve been through the strains of L2 in the last 1-2 years.

What scores were you getting in mocks 2 weeks before the exam (i.e. now), and directly before the exam (both if you passed/failed) ?

I’ve heard 65-70 or so is a good score to be getting in mocks, but of course am thinking 70 is the magic number.

I took 6. I got between a 79 and 85 in every one. Started six weeks before the exam, took one every week. Everyone says 70 is the magic number but there’s a level of uncertainty on exam day. I would say the magic number is 75 if you want to go in that exam feeling very confident. And that “very confident” feeling is absolutely worth something…

I took 6. I got between a 79 and 85 in every one. Started six weeks before the exam, took one every week. Everyone says 70 is the magic number but there’s a level of uncertainty on exam day. I would say the magic number is 75 if you want to go in that exam feeling very confident. And that “very confident” feeling is absolutely worth something…

I took 7 and it was only 4 days before where I got the magic 70%. For the others, I was between 63 and 67 if I remember well…

I believe my key to pass was to get >70% in FRA, Equity, Fixed Income, and Ethics. With >70% in those, I don’t think there’ll be any problem.

Good luck!

I took the CFAI mock about a month before the exam and got something like 45%. I panicked partly because the score was so low but also because everyone on AF was getting >65% lol

I spent the subsequent 4 weeks on knowledge retention and passed (barely). Going over what I missed multiple times was a key for me.

I was in the low 70s a few weeks out and mid to high 70s by the end. Exam results were very good (I failed ethics tho lololol).

Not bragging, I probably way overstudied but better safe than sorry I suppose. I think being in the 65-70 range is great, and you have a few weeks left to work on trouble areas. I know I spent my final week just immersed in FRA practice so I could ensure a >70 on exam day in a high weighted topic.

I was scoring between 70-75 on the Schweser mocks. Thought the actual exam was quite a bit easier than the mocks overall. I wouldn’t count on that happening every year though.

repeat all fra & equity bluebloxes.

100% agree with last two sentences

Thanks, just cracked 70 on a schweser…need to keep up this trend. I do want that feeling of confidence for 2 months before results.

If you can score 60% as of now then you should be successfully able to raise that score upto 75 or 80 till the exam day which I think is very doable. Overall, many friends who were scoring 65-70% passed easily. But it goes without saying that endeavor to score as high as you can but getting 55 or 60 at this stage shouldnt demotivate or break you.

I took two mocks (1 and 2 week before the exam). I scored 64% in both. In the real exam, I hit it outside the stadium.

Thanks. Looks like I’m on track. Hopefully be on this forum next year!

On CFA mocks I think I got around 65%, I scored higher on Schweser mocks, like in the low 70s I think. On the exam I got >70 on 8 of 10 topics, between 50-70 on 1 topic and <50 on a lowest weighted topic.

Good luck!

This’ll make you feel better… I got a 59% on the official CFAI mock a week before the exam. Granted, I made some stupid mistakes that I nomally wouldn’t, but still scored a shitty 59%. I was scoring around 70% on Schweser mocks though so I figured it was an anomaly and, less the higher than average stupid mistake count, I would have scored around 65%. Somehow I was still confident going into the exam after that… Passed thankfully.

Haha thanks. Did you feel confident coming out of the exam too?

I felt good about it coming out, but you just never know with these tests. Suffice it to say, I was shitting bricks on results day.

Certain topics on the mocks were harder than the real exam. Other topics were on a par and I found for certain topics EOCs were also on a par.

I did all the mocks I could get my hands on, that was handsdown the best practise. On exam day, there were two item sets that came out that I had never seen before and people blaimed third party providers for not covering… still passed and finished both exams in 2 hours.

Great to hear. From your first line its seems nothing on the actual exam was more difficult. Preparation was either on a par or harder.

Planning to focus on old CFAI mocks for now - they seem to be worded the best. Though I’ve done many of the vignettes before. Maybe will do a Schweser to get the full day experience. Hopefully will hit about 10-12 mocks worth of vignettes in total by the exam. Roughly equates to 1200-1400 questions surprise .

Any more?? :smiley: