Do you think you passed?

Simple yes or no - no exam specifics.

I’d say I pulled it out.

Yes. If I didn’t I blame the tin foil hat theory that the Frixon pen ink disappeared on my entire morning paper.

When you say pulled it off, you mean 70% +…? If yes, no.

The overall common opinion (from a group of 10 odd people i spoke to) from retakers was that afternoon this time was relatively much harder than last time. I thought my morning went okay (in line with mocks…60% ish) but afternoon wont make up at all for additional 10%.

No.

Rushed for time on AM - I answered everything, but I’m sure the last 3 questions were not complete enough. Not sure how much PM will pull me up.

For what it’s worth, I also heard that the PM was harder this year than it was last year by a retaker. Worried about the grader’s being able to read my handwriting.

Yes. Afternoon seemed way too easy. A lot of questions had me wondering if there was some trick to it that I missed.

Morning was on par with previous years, difficulty wise.

Band 8 retaker here. I thought the morning was easier than last year but the PM was a lot harder. I thought last year my crappy performance in the morning could have been made up for what I thought was a really good PM score. This year I think my morning and afternoon will be more balanced and ultimately think it’ll end up with a pass but the more I think about it the more worried I become.

Its either a pass or Band 10…

Band 10 retaker and i totally agree with you. Last year i had 8/10 70+ in PM but still failed because morning was train wreck. This time i did 177/180 mins (last time i left 22 mins worth because of time).

Overall you agree that it was marginally harder overall than last time? So may be a % point lower MPS?

when i did the mock exams and the last two years of essay i thought i did horribly and ended up averaging over 70% with overly conservative grading. thinking my essay and multiple guess will be more similar but still around 70. i felt really good after the AM, but the PM i was expecting 80% and don’t think i got anywhere close

Here another retaker from last year.

I felt am much More easier than last year.

I almost rewrote the exam and i think Im scoring like 40-44 on pm and on am i felt pretty confident answered all the exam in time and about 25 points ( out of 180) in true danger.

my pm performance was worst than in all my practice exams Im worried because we all know we can get knock out on am even if we think we were cool on it.

Overall am easier and pm More difficult than last year (for me).

Hope u clear it friends :slight_smile:

Jorge

Band 10 retaker and i totally agree with you. Last year i had 8/10 70+ in PM but still failed because morning was train wreck. This time i did 177/180 mins (last time i left 22 mins worth because of time).

Overall you agree that it was marginally harder overall than last time? So may be a % point lower MPS?

****, did u fail the morning? 50% shoulda passed u

I hope I passed…else I’ll have to change my username from “Third_Time_Is_The_Charm” to “FML_When_Will_I_pass_This_Test”

This time, I was conscious about my poor penmanship and tried to focus on “clearly” writing the AM answers; but I definitely did not get to answer a few of the questions in the 2nd half of the exam because of having to erase and re-write in a slower, cleaner manner. This became harder as the test went on and time running down.

It sucks that people could fail simply because of handwriting. I know how frustrating it is to sit next to a compulsive eraser because it happened to me once as well.

AM section: I wouldn’t say it was in line with any of the prior exams. But then again, it’s probably because the CFAI knows that certain people that try to pass by ONLY mastering prior exams could pass unless the CFAI adds in twists for every new exam…

PM section threw me off; some questions seemed too easy; some questions were near impossible because of the way they asked the question(s).

It’s almost like you have to take a single concept and think about the infinite ways that CFAI could ask a question on a given topic…that’s not a good strategy; but if I have to take this test again, I’ll definitely have to think more critically about EVERY SINGLE CONCEPT.

I would say the PM was harder than the Mock CFAI exam. I finished with 2 minutes left…

First time taker here, I found the AM portion in line with the mocks and I guess I scored above 60-65%. I am a fast exam taker (level 1 and 2, I always had time to spare at the end)… this AM portion I finished with 2 mins left and I had to rush 2 entire questions.

I actually found the PM harder than the AM and when I did my scores at the end (finish one hour earlier), and if we believe in the luck of 33% of the points per guesstimate… I would score myself between 62 and 68%.

I think this looks like a band 10… but will see.

my 40/60/80 on AM was coming as 49.2 (accounting for unattempted as zero) and i had 70+ in ethics too. So I couldnt cope up for a month after results. I think i literally failed it by 2 questions max. Only got 70+ in 2 questions in AM, so i think even the areas where we think we did well arent really 70+ in AM.

No. Left last 3 complete questions unanswered because of Q1 in AM.

looks like my last year test too. I did poor on am :frowning: lets hope for the best this year.

I’m a retaker also and I found the AM to be fairly easy this year. Like you, I thought the PM was filled with land mines. I would guess that a quarter of the exam were trick questions with varying degrees of difficulty, but the hardest were near impossible. The only thing I can compare them to are the 800 level quant questions for GMAT except in this case I would say the majority of test takers had no basis to go off of. I was pumped after the AM session and thought for sure I was going to pass, now I think it’s a crapshoot.

I hope you pass man. Like me, I’m sure you’d love to get your springs back.

i walked outta that exam like…