I really don't know how to study again after seeing my matrix

Is it really just that i can’t write a simple few bullets?

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 20 - * - 2 Fixed Income Investments 22 - - * 3 Equity Investments 19 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 13 - - * 5 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 13 * - - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 17 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 20 * - - 9 Economics 18 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 16 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Institutional 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

band 8

you’ll know where you f’d up when you get the answer guide and hopefully that added experience with what you’ve learned to date will take you over the top next time around

Your score is not so bad. I had a band score of 6 last year with getting at least 70% on the PM. I just changed my approach this year: I took NYSSA class and two essay writing seminars, which were very helpful. I also did 7 full tests (Schweser and CFA), all ethics questions in the CFA books, and most of the sample questions from CFA website.

I’m not sure about your question. Are you asking if what you wrote wasn’t good enough? Or that you aren’t able to synthesize your thoughts succinctly?

I would say it’s quite clear how you need to study based on your matrix.

Lol, now I see why you’re so mad. Haha sorry buddy. Hope you killed it this time.

haha ltj truly the biggest troll

agree

If this was a video game… ITJ = Pker and Rollerbladerlevel3 = pwned

maybe a little crouch-stand-crouch-stand key buttons in there too.

You actually scored not bad in the AM, so i think you are already on your way! I find sometimes PM can be tricky because MC can make you fall into their traps and/or second guess yourself.

Just focus on the areas you are not too good in, like portfolio managmenet and economics. Don’t give up!

7/10 were less than 50…how is that “no bad”

7/10 were less than 50…how is that “no bad”

I’m a retaker this year Band 9

I was very close last year considering I remember some very dumb mistakes that cost me maybe 10-15 points between AM/PM (4 MC questions would like have made me into a pass)

very frustrating that this year 2017 I went into exam more confident with stronger knowledge but walked out feeling like I did worse than last year considering the exam tested concepts I wasn’t strong at…

IF I fail… I think I will focus on memorizing the text /BB/ EOC only… seems like CFAI made a point to weed out people like me trying to game the exam

I was reading it backward… lol

okay it was bad… :slight_smile: