Retab or no? My my matrix looks great though. Still can't believe it

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 20 - * - 2 Fixed Income Investments 22 - - * 3 Equity Investments 19 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 13 - - * 5 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 13 * - - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 17 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 20 - * - 9 Economics 18 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 16 - - *

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Institutional 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

Your score band: 9

Ok wouldn’t bother mate… All they do is add your sores up again, they don’t actually remark anything. Waste of money. Also that matrix looks well within possible fail territory. Sorry dude.

Complete waste of money…but some people need the closure of a retab. If you actually got moved to a pass, you’d be a legend.

Also, the CFAI retab revenue would go up by about 3 fold next year. Someone needs to tell them every once in a while they’ve got to throw a candidate a bone and reward a retab with a pass. That would really get their retab business going.

Cheers man.

Next year i will be back stronger

You think that matrix looks great? Got any of the stuff you are smoking?

Hey the reddit guy who made fun of AF posts on AF. Lol.

But yeah that matrix needed a really good PM. Get it next year dude.

Yes AM sucks but PM should have got me through

Hey Moh –

I have no special knowledge on what it takes, but may I offer a slightly different take on your results? Judging from the number of passing matrices I’ve seen, your AM is a little below the *average* pass. Again, not too far below but half of your marks are below 50% (Cs) and half are above (a combo of As and Bs). Overall, and this is from my vantage point, you dug yourself a hole but not a major one. FWIW, my AM was a little stronger than yours, but similar: 4 Cs with 3 As and 3 Bs.

There’s been a lot of focus on the AM, and reasonably so, but it appears you underperformed in the PM compared to the *average* pass. Only two As in the PM is pretty low – most passers have 5+ As. My thought is you dug a little hole in the AM (like many, myself included) but didn’t have the compensating performance in the PM to pull yourself out of the hole. For a comparison, I had As in 8 out of 9 PM categories, and that includes ethics, which have a higher point total. As your fail band notes, you were really close.

As for the retab question, I have no special insight. Many here say it’s pointless – maybe the CFAI will have a different point of view if you ask them how many retabs have resulted in a change from fail to pass. Good luck whatever path you take.

Just one in particular…

Thanks a lot CFAbeatmeup for your tips and analysis. I will be back next year Stronger :).

Inside CFA HQ:

—“We’ve got record-high candidates, but we still need to maximize revenue – any suggestions?”

—A voice in the back clears his throat and softly says: “We can increase retab revenue?”

—“How are we going to do that, Johnson.”

—“Sir, all we have to do is change one fail to a pass and not make him sign a confidentiality agreement.”

—*Everybody joins in a round of evil laughing*

You needed a kick ass PM for that AM section. Kick their ass next year mon ami!

Yes :wink:

Retab is not regrade. I doesnt carry any significance.

I personally went for retab last year and wasted $100. I had band 10.

There’s only one place where that matrix looks great…

#SpecialOlympics

Nice try hashtag but the verdict is…not funny. You’re trying too hard, that’s the problem. Take a couple days off and regroup.

True

+1

Your PM is not that great to take you to that passing score.

LOL, after all, it is all about conspiracy.