Anyone use the Schweser 3 day review workshop?

Any good?

Based in the UK so the cost of the Level Up Bootcamps with travel/accommodation etc. are a bit restrictive, however this has an online option, so I’m wondering whether it is worth going for it.

I did it and thought it was helpful but could see the quality really vary depending on the teacher. Definitely do your due diligence on who is going to be presenting before signing up.

Greg Filbeck was the instructor for mine in NYC and he had a lot of custom material (non Schweser) prepared.

Overall, I’d recommend attending one.

Thanks, it looks like it’ll be the path I’ll go down.

Will look at who is presenting beforehand.

I think the area that let me down this year was the constructed response questions, obviously it depends on the instructor, but did they spend much time on this when you went?

The focus was definitely on the AM section. When we went over a topic he would say which years there were questions on it and how to answer the question. It was very helpful.

I like doing the first 3-day review session that is offered in NYC (about 5-6 weeks before exam). Kinda helpful just to have an instructor touch on every topic (even if it’s at an abbreviated, rushed pace) and I can kind of scope out what I am more familiar with and less familiar with and develop a glidepath for the remaining month before the exam. If you’re going for learning the 3-day review is not all that helpful. If you have read everything already and are doing practice problems, then the review course is probably sufficient to help you hone in on your practice.

I don’t even know what it is. For me, the notes and the Q-bank is the only thing I need.

I did the online version. I thought it was helpful.

What custom materials did he have. I took the 3 day review course in Toronto with him and he didnt have any handouts

I’m from Glasgow Scotland so nothing local I could attend live, schweser 3day review workshop was great for me as can view online. Greg Filbeck is great, the more time you spend watching his lectures the better your chances of passing

Thanks for all your feedback. I sat the exam this year and failed band 10 mainly because of shocking AM performance (one secition >70, 3 between 50 and 70 and the rest below 50). From my results I think I can identify the root of my issues with not handling the answer format for the AM correctly as my PM was 80% >70% (1 section 50-70 and 1 under 50%). From the sounds of it this review option probably covers what I need. I’ll be going though all the 2016 Schweser material again for this year and doing a little more on the CFA material (as I think I lacked prep here as well). Thanks again.

what about the weekly videos ?

David Heteringthon said on early start video that it will be more ‘practice oriented’ compare with on demand video which already available 80% on their website.

His Powerpoint slides with notes were his own slides (not Schweser’s) and he said he would e-mail you them if requested it.

maybe he will start another ‘spin off’ like Marc did with Level Up.

black panther will have his spin off on 2018 --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/

Don’t the weekly videos involve buying one of the premium study packs? I have all my revision materials from 2016 so don’t think I will need a full set of new notes, although i will miss the question bank (which I found useful for running questions from).

I did the 3 day online seminar. Definitely works better if you have already studied the material. The supplementary materials (one book of “mind maps” and a question book) were helpful, perhaps more than the actual lectures. I found the lectures didn’t have enough time to really do a deep dive into any one topic. Some of the side commentary about AM strategies was useful, much of which has already been repeated in numerous threads here.

One thing i found useful was having access to the videos after the live online sessions, I did review some of the material the week before the exam.

hi Rob…i had contacted you via PM. please check.

i had just ordered them via ebay for 2016 version.

For what it’s worth, I passed with 1) CFAI text, 2) CFAI EOCs, 3) Schweser QBank, 4) past AM mocks, and 5) LevelUp Bootcamp. The first four were probably all that was needed to pass, along with a strong work ethic and a dedicated study schedule.

I found the three-day class from Schweser very helpful for Level 1. I found it very, very bad for Level 2. And then didn’t even bother to sign up for it for Level 3 because of the five things listed above.

Anyone attend this workshop this year ?

Not sure about Level up but I am using Nathan Ronen’s Videos and he has a webinar for the Level 3 essay writing. He personally grades your essays and gives feedback. highly recommended, great testimonials.