New Reading (12) - Life Insurance/Annuities, etc.

As a retaker, I’m currently making very condensed notes (ideally 1 or 2 typed pages for each reading) - for this new reading I’m on my 7th page of typed notes and still have have 20 CFAI text pages to go. This has to be one of the longest, most-drawn out, boring readings in the entire curriculum :neutral_face: …it’s so mentally exhausting and never-ending I had to make a thread about it/vent. That is all, carry on…

Just slogged through this section myself. Key exam prep tenant for me in the past has been balancing effort with exam day relevance for each section. Ratio on this section did not indicate I will be spending an overwhelming amount of effort here.

I usually abide by the same principal, but the other factor is, it’s the ONLY new reading in the curriculum, hence, I would think the odds of there being an AM question on the reading rises exponentially.

If you check the LOS key words are mostly “describe”. The reading may be exhaustive but exam questions will be very shallow. It is best to practice questions and make sense of the reading requirements that way.

Hi,

Would you be able to share your notes for level 3?

Thanks.