Kaplan Mock 2 Morning Question 1 Part A and Part B

1. Part A includes the insurance cost for her mother as part of the expense. Where does the case mention her mother needs an insurance? I didn’t include $15,000 because I thought it is not required.

2. Part B answer states "her ability is high as she has a substantial portfolio…

Also, her ability is low as the portfolio is essentially her sole source of support

So the overall ability to take risk is average."

Basically, this is the same thing being looked at two directions. How do you guys feel comfortable writing the same thing at two different directions? Whenever I see a question like this, I am not sure if I am comfortable listing the same thing for two answers.

Thank you!

I gave up from Kaplan mocks. Wasting time and energy. Will do more AM sessions rather, doesn’t matter if outdated.

I know Kaplan exams don’t have right formats and style. But just trying to do at least some to learn some concepts. Definitely, I will focus on the AM papers.

Anyone?

#2 is a real mock question too and they aren’t the same thing. read it slowly and ask yourself what is the underlying thing each is referencing too.

I see now! Thanks Almostdonelll!

The first one is the "critical goals in relation to the size of the portfolio "and the second one is the “sole source of support”. At first, I didnt know how to relate all those points.

Sounds like I need a lot of practice on the IPS questions now. Thank you!