2017 Official CFAI Mock

Well… I did this bundle of joy today, suffice to say that I made some stupid mistakes, lol. That being said, I made a few educated guesses, so I guess that sort of washes out?! haha. AM: 46/60 PM: 47/60 Overall average: 77.5% Hoping to score closer to 80% on a consistent basis within the next 5 weeks… I really want this to be one and done… *fingers crossed* Interested to hear how others have done on the 2017 mock

Hi Onward,

These are very good scores! Hope I can get something close to that!

How many other mocks have you done before this one?

Hey dududu :slight_smile: So far I have done 4 full Schwesers, and 3 CFAI AMs. I got 2 more full Schwesers, and 3 more CFAI AMs to do. After that it’s just review, learning from all the mistakes, and focusing on specific areas of weakness.

Not so good as you but still better than at same date last year.

Last Mock today

Portal AM 41/60 as PM like, thus 68%

Mimicked AM with first attempted 2008 AM about 69%

Previously

Mock PM portal with 38/60 or 63%

and 2011 as AM with 65%

Schweser Mock 1

AM 64%

PM 63%

Schweser Mock 2

AM 59%

PM 55 %

something might be wrong with this one, for about 50% questions in Schweser Mock 2 only I had no idea what I supposed to do.

Most likely regurgitating sentiment you’ve seen on here ad nauseam, but bears repeating. Success with the multiple choice questions may have little bearing on how one may fair on the written portion - personally I got nearly every category over 70% in PM last year, but completely bombed the AM. Again, I’m sure you know, but definitely make sure you’re allocating more of your mock time to previous AM exams.

@Shoot

How many AM sessions did you take last year?

Is there an official CFAI exam with the writing portion for the morning? I went online and only saw the viginettes for both the am and pm sections. Also, I only saw one exam. Where would we get others that are CFAI certified?

You have to search around but they give you the previous 3 years 2014 - 2016 morning portions of the exam on the CFAI website. These are the actual exams that were administered. Also be sure to hit up the topic tests as they are good practice for the afternoon.

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/candidate/Pages/level_III_essay_exam.aspx

Scroll down

ahh perfect. thank you all!!

Schweser Vol.2 Exam 1 AM: 56%

Schweser Vol.1 Exam 1 AM: 51%

Schweser Vol.1 Exam 1 PM: 60%

I need to get those stats to high 60% low 70%, damn it.

75% in AM mock. Surprisingly nice in GIPS but disaster in ethics

84 % on 2016 AM (but on 4th attempt:)

Funny, I solved by first attempt almost 100 % on Ethics on both Portal Mocks while on Schweser Mock was under 50 % in Ethics.