How many mocks?

Hi everyone,

How many mocks are you planning on doing? I’ve done 5 AMs and 5 PMs so far.

My goal is to do 3 or 4 more this week and review the ones from the CFAI next week

Doing 8 as well. I’ve done 5 AM and 3 PM. Damn schweser live mock deflated me after getting a 70% on the 2017 AM CFAI exam. (exhale)

none so far… will be finishing EOC CFAI questions Monday then CFAI online questions (topic tests I think they are called) for a week then hopefully 3am and 3pms next week before exam

The 6 Kaplan, past 4 CFAI AM, and the '17 mock

I’m doing the 6 Schweser, the Schweser live mock, 2 CFAI mornings combined with the AM and PM 2017 mock, and then another 3 AM from the past (2011-2013). Better be prepared this time.

I’ve done 4 Schweser, the last 3 AM exams, and plan on doing the other two Schweser (one tomorrow) and the CFA mock in the next two weeks.

8 Full + 5 more AM.

Is there an constructive response AM CFAI 2017 mock? When I download the morning mock from CFA website its an MCQ :S

6 mocks from schweser (3 untimed). I feel like those were a little more difficult. 4 from previous CFAI mocks. So that’s 10.

I’ve done 6 schweser. The Kaplan Financial mock in London. CFAI AMs from 2010-2013. Want to do the rest of the CFAI AMs and the offical Kaplan and CFAI MCQ morning and afternoons.

Planning to do 10 AM mock exams only once each (back to 2006). So far, I’ve done the 2014 exam. Will save 2016 until last as a final exam-like condition check before gameday.

I don’t plan to mess with Schweser’s AM. I’ve heard mixed reviews on wording, etc. so CFAI should be enough for me. If I can’t pass taking 10 previous mocks, I doubt 3rd party materials would’ve done much for me.

I do plan to do Schweser PM mocks if I get enough time. But my focus is on AM exams, the PM mocks from CFAI, topic tests, and EOCs.

Best of luck to everyone!

did 2 AMs and one PM (not timed). still going through TT for the 1st time.

Hopefully ill do in total 7-8 AMs and a few PMs.(probably more if i have more time for PMs)

26 AM exams, 8 PM exans:

11 finquiz AM

6 schweser AM

9 CFAI AM Actual (2008-2016)

~6 PM CFAI (68 topic tests on cfainstitute.org)

2 Schweser PMs

Have done 3 Past AM (2012,2013,2014) and 1 PM (2012 CFAI mock). Plan to do 2006-2016 Past AMs and 2011-2017 CFAI mocks. Want to do TT but haven’t read GIPS at all so far and haven’t prepared ethics like I should have had.

No, next year they will post our actual AM as a Mock

I have done 4 or 5 AM’s and 1 PM. The PM seemed to be very similar to the TT’s and based on L1 and L2 being VERY VERY similar to TT’s I dont think youll get a surprise there. make sure to hit all TT’s 2x before exam date and youll be pretty familiar with the format of questions in PM. After doing 5 prior year AM’s I have begun to see patterns in how they ask questions and what they are looking for in the responses. Its almost like a fill in the blank answer, which is still a pain in the butt.

Pain in the ass is if you are asked to state and justify 2 or 3 characteristics of something and with hard 3 minute brainstorming you are able to remember only 1.

^ exactly and this is why we have to make mnemonics or do wrote memorization. Just imagining how difficult it would be to recall all those things in the exam setting is what makes me feel highly under prepared.

I feel same at some moments and I guess it’s normal. Let’s say no more than 5-8 % of candidates are able to cover and recall each and any concept but passing rate is above 50 %.