anything not covered by Schweser?

for those of us that used Schweser as our primary source, was there anything glaring that wasn’t covered in the notes relative to the official curriculum that you’ve come across up to this point?

No. I didn’t find any concept tested in official material not covered by Schweser notes and is better explained in Schweser especially quantitative concepts. But official practicing material is more better than Schweser’s.

ok, i know there can be minutiae here and there (specific to more vocab/jargon related), but conceptually, i found most things to be pretty tight-knit. i feel like CFAI always has a propensity to ask one or two MCQ that relates to something not covered explicitly in Schweser, even though the topic area might have been touched on.

I don’t have such experience. However, Schweser notes are Mercedes Benz among 3rd party notes and, imo, if something even is not covered is insignificant. I cannot say same for its Mocks and EOCs.

some stuff e.g. health maintenance organization plan / non-forfeiture clause

Non-forfeiture clause is mentioned and I checked in official curriculum and there is not much better covered. This is only a term, not a concept.

i’m definitely going to re-review the risk mgmt for individuals section in Scwheser one last time. if i can garner an easy few points just from internalizing definitional type info regarding insurance plan types, i’ll take it.

I give the Schweser team props, I have used them for all three levels now, and granted they might miss some obscure minutiae (which FinQuiz has a fetish for), but 99% of the time you’ll get all that you need and then some. Suffice to say, I’m a fan. Full disclosure: no referral or additional compensation arrangements are in place, hahaha, thanks CFA standards :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. This is the most sexy part…

Try CFAI question 8 EOC Institutional Investors. Don’t think Schweser really provided the tools for this q…

IMO, overall, at all levels Schweser misses very very few things and I dont think that should be a concern. For example, I just couldn’t find in my set of schweser that swap fixed pay leg has duration of 0.75 times its maturity, but like always all those things get uncovered when you do CFAI PP.

Look again. They have a whole section on Dfixed is 75% of maturity and Dfloating is 50% of the reset.

^can you help locate it? I still cant trace it.