Final hours preparation

So, what is the best thing to do during the final hours? By final hours I mean like for the late afternoon/evening before the exam day.

My plan was to review the formulas and previous CFA AM exams that I have done, but maybe someone has a better idea or can tell me that this is clearly bad.

rest.

do all the GIPS EOC/topic test

Getting a Massage to de stress and sleep well the night before… I know what I know by then… not going to learn any more

I’m just reviewing notes and flashcards at this point, just to keep things as fresh as possible. I’ll probably go back through several past AM exams again as well, focusing mainly on Individual IPS questions this time. Then it’s kind of chill time and get my head ready. In past years, on the night before the exam, an odd sense of calm washes over me. I think it’s my subconscious acknowledging that I’ve done everything I can to prepare, and that at 5pm the next day a huge weight will be lifted.

Light review or rest. No need to cram anything.

Same, done all the mock exams I possibly could. I missed one mock exam but may probably review along with answers

Time to review flash cards, notes, and previous mocks

i will watch a good movie, just to relax.

Take Acid and look at how many colors I can read my formulas in.

One word: Relax. By Friday you know what you know.

I’d stay with my normal study routine. I’ve done my best performance on mocks immediately after a long study session because topics are fresh in my mind. I wouldn’t crush it and stay up late but I would study. Another tip from my experience in level 2 - go workout Friday afternoon it will clear your mind and help you sleep.

Ethics, review one CFAI exam from past 3 years, AMC and formulasa. By Friday its probably pointless and a waste of time but I dont want to fail band 10 and say to myself, “I wonder if I had just looked at that formula sheet 1 more time…?”

I usually look at the Formula sheet that 1 more time… at 3 AM when I haven’t slept a bit all night. That puts me to sleep immediately.

Friday: review GIPS/Ethics/all the past AM papers.

Then an evening floatation tank session to get the body feeling relaxed.

Relax and read light.

Today:

No more mocks, although may read 2017 mock answers.

Read notes and do EOC GIPS and Ethics.

Tomorrow:

Wake up even earlier on Friday so I feel tired enough to go sleep early in the evening!

Read my formula sheet a few times over.

Go for a long walk mid-afternoon.

Pack my bag - sleep.

Wait the exam is tomorrow?

Maybe in Singapore. Candidates in Europe have preferred treatment so in GMT+1 zone got more 1 day left.

Wow, what’s to prevent the obvious? Unless they make different exams?

Violation of the code of Ethics… :stuck_out_tongue: