Level III post-exam feelings

AM was reasonable

PM was tough

How do you guys think?

I walked out after the am with my head held high thinking I was a for sure pass. 30 minutes into the pm I was sweating. It destroyed me. I was scoring high 70’s to mid 80’s on Kaplan mocks and pm I probably was for sure about 30% of my answers. I thought the test was absolutely brutal. I crushed level 2 and felt pretty much as prepared.

Pm felt good, just a few questions with topics never heard.

Am was a desaster. Could have needed an additional hour. Left 20% unanswered.

I thought AM was okay, but PM was not straightforward. I studied all the topics that I thought would be covered but somehow the ones I didnt cover showed up.

And there was one question where I was seriously banging my head on thinking it was a simple plug and chug, calculating something and couldn’t find the right answer.

I thought am focused on some odd parts. Pm was ok, hopefully.

My prep was excellent, felt confident, was killing mocks AM and PM. but for some reason I got zero sleep in my hotel room the night before the test. Like actually none. Heart beating out of my chest staring at the clock. Was fuzzy for the first hour of am but was able to pull it together and finish in time. Hit some coffee and BCAA on break and felt decent about PM. Unfortunately thinking I failed because I was completely off my game and actually struggling to stay awake in the AM session. I was super bummed to tell my wife and family about this because they have been really supportive through this whole process. I’ll be back again though if I didnt pass.

The exam was fair. Everything they tested was in the books. Was already expecting them to throw a few curve ball calculation questions. AM felt easier than the previous year ones. The PM was okay. Finished circling most of the circles at the one hour mark but didn’t do 6 of the calculation heavy questions and that took me the last 2 hours to do lol. Also, I did not appreciate the mislabel of one of the topics in the PM session. When I got to it I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

But overall the exam was fair not too hard not too easy. 60 percent sure I passed but who knows.

Anyways! LETS GO WARRIORS!!!

Under performed on the AM but thought it was reasonable.

Thought the PM was far easier than anticipated, hopefully my pm score is enough to offset my dismal AM performance.

Overall, the exam was on par with my expectations. I wish i wrote more AM exams, the time became a significant negative factor on my performance.

I am somewhat cautiously optimistic. But I am tempering my expectations as I’d rather assume the worst, apparently self-loathing is my modus operandi. The AM was on par with my expectations, with a few curve balls early in the paper as well as midway through. I did leave one part of one question unsolved, JUST ran out of time, so 3 marks lost there. Not the end of the world. The PM was OKish, I felt good about 44/60. The remaining 16 I can perhaps breakdown to 8 questions as 50/50 toss ups and 8 questions as 33% luck of the draw. Lets hope for the best on August 8th, it’s going to be a LONG LONG wait boys. Hold on tight and enjoy the summer in the meantime! p.s. What does one do now with all this free time??? gaaaaah. Haven’t had a break from studying since September 2014. September 2014 - June 2015 I did an accelerated MBA. Dec 2015 Level 1. June 2016 Level 2. June 2017 Level 3. Good times… yup… self-loathing is right… lol

AM - Finished 15 minutes early, then went back to fill in skipped answers. Confident in most of my answers, but definitely bombed a 6 point question (memory lapse, and didn’t reference taught material when I knew the answer), and completely forgot I skipped 5 point question towards the end. If I hit those I think I would be a shoe in to pass.

PM - Pretty tough, but felt the same as Level 2 and I did well on that.

Hoping the PM makes up for my AM.

Finished AM with about 10 minutes left. Went back and corrected two questions because I didn’t totally read it correctly the first time I looked at it. So I am happy I got to finish everything. A couple people sounded pretty mad when the time was called

The guy next to me only got through question 7. So to only miss 1 question makes me happy, even though I just forgot about it since I was double checking my calculations.

Welcome back all! I thought AM was a bit rough. The first item set was not one of my stronger subjects so things started off in a bit of a panic for me. But I stayed on time and had 20 mins at the end to circle back and finish some things. I think I left two 3 point questions empty as I was drawing a blank. PM was more manageable for me, but there were some parts I battled with. Calculations were mostly fine but I missed one for sure as I applied the wrong formula and that answer was a choice.

All in all, I’m not sure lol. I’m kind of 50/50 at this point. Oh well, nothing can be done so no use stressing.

:open_mouth: Ouch… :neutral_face: that must feel brutal for the guy… I can’t even imagine…

Yeah i had to guess on 2, 3 or 4 point circle the answer questions in the morning. I know I got those wrong so that sucks.

Thank God you aren’t the only one here on AF (and 90% of us will pass probably). I almost had a meltdown on lunch when I got to my car realizing I left a sub question blank. Hopping around the exam is NOT recommended.

AM threw me off my game a little bit with the curve balls at first and took a little longer to recover and gain my stride back. Burned some time and had to speed through final 3 questions at the end. Left two sub - questions half answered due to time being called. Overall, felt alright about my performance but know I whiffed on a few that were pretty ambiguous relative to taught material.

With respect to PM, way harder than what I was expecting. Managed to cruise through with 45 mins left and review a few of my unanswered questions. Seemed like each item set had one super wonky question that made you pull your hair out while attempting to fight it.

Overall, I feel like I’m gonna fall into the 60-70% bucket…just hopeful it’s towards the higher end of that distribution.

Felt like the AM really went to the edges on testing some of the topics and was. Rushed on the backend. PM felt good overall. 2 months of suffering ahead of us while we wait

AM was OK I think, some difficult questions but its normal…

PM was tough… but some really easy questions…

70/30 Pass / Fail

EDIT: Primacy effect for me, I recall the end of the exam, but don’t remember the middle… Always finish with the hardest topic so… Less confident than after Level II, more than after Level I. Anyway, good luck

The AM was really straight forward IMO. On a couple question parts I scratched out what I was writing and had to rewrite. I wasn’t able to finish but was only 1/2 of a formula short of completing. The PM definitely through some curve balls but if you knew the calculation, only one of the multiple choices made sense. I finished with about 30 minutes left. Spent 5 minutes making sure I had filled the right bubbles in and identifying a few questions I wanted to review. I spent 20 minutes on one question at the end and still didn’t get it. I went home and spent another hour on that question (including CFA material) and still don’t have the answer. Oh well! I walked out with a sense my probability of passing was 65-70%. After hearing how many people didn’t finish 2-3 questions in the AM, I’m going to move it upto 75% likely I passed.