Level III post-exam feelings

FlashForward wrote:

Why not official for everything?.. honestly derivatives are well explained in official.

Yep. If i should revert back I will roll forward through official….

I don't sell a smiling dog, forget about it .
The day before, walking through the park, he met me with her.

Then make sure you did everything you could to prepare—enroll in a review workshop to ace it on exam day.

Even for those who use study guides i highly suggest to do all the questions in the CFAI books, they will help you assess how much you know the concept and make sure you understand what CFAI is looking for so there are so surprises in the exam.

Last week I had a “Burnt Out” feeling, tired from the exam, tired from work… I keep coming to AF to try and make myself feel better about how the exam went and to gage how others felt. Guess I am looking for some confirmation bias hoping that I can feel my odds of passing can be better than 50-50, but I think I am right on the fence of passing this year. I am having a hard time forgetting about this and just enjoying my summer. Any suggestions?

I felt the AM went well but struggled with PM. I did Topic Tests 3 times and 5AM mocks 2 times to prep.  Was scoring around 65% going into the exam. 

honestly wiley videos are good … they give you a clearer picture in areas.that you may have some doubts about …… they do tend to not cover every part of the topic…but where they do cover it seems to make things clearer…did not use the textbooks from any provider except official. (except for IPS tips from schweser)….

Rockies wrote:

I think I am right on the fence of passing this year. I am having a hard time forgetting about this and just enjoying my summer. Any suggestions?

Focus on  the next challenge until then  — not study challenge but fun challenge?

Rockies wrote:

… hoping that I can feel my odds of passing can be better than 50-50, but I think I am right on the fence of passing this year. I am having a hard time forgetting about this and just enjoying my summer. Any suggestions?

Just accept defeat now, that way you don’t get all anxious in the weeks leading up to results. ‘Cuz you already failed, and you know it. So who cares?  Enjoy your summer with friends and family, catch up on things you’d been missing, and be relieved to know that you won’t have to crack those g*dd*mn books again until next February. 

But wait – come one August morning you just can’t resist the urge to *go hunting* for that dreaded RESULTS e-mail. WHAT, IS THIS FOR REAL?!? It looks like a fugly Band 7 matrix, but somehow YOU BARELY PASSED!!  It’s an absolute- freakin’-miracle!!  Trust you me, this will go down as one of those sacred moments that you’ll wanna share with your kids and grandkids as without a doubt “the best surprise in your entire life”!!!

(If you follow my advice)

#BuzzedAgain

I know it’s been more than a week already but I’m just gonna chime in anyway. AM was quite a challenge for me, managed to finish all questions but I’m sure I wrote total bullcr*p for around 3-4 subsections that are worth 25-30 points. However, PM was a breeze compared to AM, it felt like an easy PM Mock. I’m just glad that it’s over….for now.

hashtag wrote:

Rockies wrote:

… hoping that I can feel my odds of passing can be better than 50-50, but I think I am right on the fence of passing this year. I am having a hard time forgetting about this and just enjoying my summer. Any suggestions?

Just accept defeat now, that way you don’t get all anxious in the weeks leading up to results. ‘Cuz you already failed, and you know it. So who cares?  Enjoy your summer with friends and family, catch up on things you’d been missing, and be relieved to know that you won’t have to crack those g*dd*mn books again until next February. 

But wait – come one August morning you just can’t resist the urge to *go hunting* for that dreaded RESULTS e-mail.  WHAT, IS THIS FOR REAL?!? It looks like a fugly Band 7 matrix, but somehow YOU BARELY PASSED!!  It’s an absolute- freakin’-miracle!!  Trust you me, this will go down as one of those sacred moments that you’ll wanna share with your kids and grandkids as without a doubt ”the best surprise in your entire life”!!!

(If you follow my advice)

#BuzzedAgain

Very helpful to make us feel better and live better.

The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.

when I got over 75-80%on a PM mock there were always some item sets I knew I got 6/6.. unfortunately not on this exam

Graphic depiction https://9gag.com/gag/a1KpdRD

Rockies wrote:

Guess I am looking for some confirmation bias hoping that I can feel my odds of passing can be better than 50-50, but I think I am right on the fence of passing this year. I am having a hard time forgetting about this and just enjoying my summer. Any suggestions?

I’m feeling a bit better than 50/50 – a bit better than last year in L2. Still, I’m dealing with anxiety by working out my plan for passing L3 in 2018. I.e., I’m blocking out any thought of the actual pass/fail moment of truth and just visualizing what a re-tooled, successful 2018 strategy will look like. I think tricking your brain with visualization can be really powerful. I use it when running – if I’m 10 min from home and feel a need to … bathroom … I’ll just visualize my house being 15 min further than reality, and then I’ll picture a complicated set of locks on the front door that take 2 minutes to get through. No idea why it works, but there seems to be a physiological effect where my brain determines ”Fine, guess we have to find a way to wait 15 more minutes.” 

The last 2-3 days in Aug will be tough, but I think that active visualization of strong studying next March/April/May will help until Aug.

AM was reasonable I guess. PM was tougher than I thought, but overall I still expect to pass.