2017 AM was a gift to us

If you had done the last 4 years of mocks you should have the feeling of crushing this AM exam.

No excuses.

Boom Pow, may the worthy be rewarded by passing and the unworthy suffer again next year.

#FREEDOM

problem is that if it was easy… it raises the MPS for everyone

me personally I found 2017 more difficult compared to 2016/2015… the 2014 exam was “easy”

Ya I agree, 2014 was super easy. Like ^ guy said though, if you find 2017 easy then it does not necessarily mean thats a good thing. Just raises the MPS. ITs not the exam you are trying to outperform. You need to beat the Angoff method of setting the MPS.

The Alts section was a massive curve ball to start, but from there everything was basically pretty easy IMO. Individual, Perf Att, DI were all super easy

hasnt it been said that no one has failed with over 70? Its still you vs the exam, its just added that being better than your fellow candidates can benefit you.

People let’s be honest with ourselves…we’re all mature enough. It is CFA level 3. It will never be easy…imagine the average who pass each year is 50% from those who passed level 2…that is half of smart and devoted people fail each year…

The exam was CFA level 3 …this is it!

I personally studied for the past 8 months and I can say there is no guarantee since time management in AM was bad…I hope my performance in PM will offset this…;…wish you all the best!

I’m not sure if I would call it easy either. But then again, that’s just my personal opinion.

My order of difficulty for the past 5 exam years, from most to least difficult would be 2013 > 2017 > 2014 > 2015 > 2016. Obviously everyone will be different here as we all have different thought processes, and I think the pressure of the actual exam setting vs practice at home over penalizes the 2017 exam in terms of perceived difficulty. On the whole I’d have to think it was pretty much on par with the past few years in terms of difficulty. I don’t think it was a gift by any means though. Just my take.

The only gift would be charter this summer.:slight_smile:

Hypothetically speaking, it’s not exact science but they say 70% because so far no1 was gottan a 70% and failed. But people have gotten less and passed. that’s where the # has come from. But even so CFAI has never directly stated that only indirectly said it back in 2010/2011 when there was a change in lead exam developers.

haha sob you got me there… but looks like all that muscle memory paid off. when i was taking 2017 i was like thank god i redid the old exams again.

but for people who studied correctly will have an easier time. yes it’s not easy but you focus on the right way to study, yes it’s much easier then if you haven’t and the other 50% of people probably didn’t study correctly.

You may find it easy because you are well prepared!

I think it does get easier with more mock exams you took, but in any case, AM is super tricky, so many people come out confident and end up disappointed…

Best of luck to everyone!

NANA

They use ethics as a tiebreaker usually, say if you scored 68% and went 12/12 in ethics, they will pass you. Fingers crossed…

100% agree

No way!

some large value were really easy computation to be true. Though, I’m still not sure whether they really were or i messed them up!