Questions left blank...

How many questions did you leave blank?  Assuming you collected points on the ones you answered, you can afford to leave a few blank.  

Success starts with Schweser. Study packages designed to fit any lifestyle.

I left around 25-30 points blank in AM..that’s 17% gone. The remainder..depends on how they mark me.

I left 8 points.

The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.

I left also like 8 or 10 points

3, i think it was the tiniest subsection in AM. Essentially equivalent to getting one multiple choice wrong. Oh well.

Everyone keeps mentioning these subsections and I am not so sure what you all are implying by that term. Do you simply mean,  for example, question 1, part A, “subsection” ii or iii?

Yes

Gone fishing...

googs1484 wrote:

Everyone keeps mentioning these subsections and I am not so sure what you all are implying by that term. Do you simply mean,  for example, question 1, part A, “subsection” ii or iii?

I mean Q1 and subsection part A.

The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.

Got it. Thanks. Was not sure how deep subsection was relative to being the letter A B C or the ii iii 

0 Blank. I did forget one formula on an 8 point question. The final calculation. Got everything else and the explanation, so we will see how that goes.

I left one probable 2 point sub-question blank due to drawing a blank and left another 3 pointer half-answered.  Felt much more depressing at the time, but now that i write it out, doesn’t seem all that bad compared to what i’ve seen across the board.

ya don't know what ya don't know until ya know it.

Left zero, but about 15 marks i had brain freeze, so just wrote anything sensible about the topic. 

made a tactical decision to skip 2 subsection for 9 pts.

you should know this by now

the last 3 questions. very sad

CAIA Charterholder

Left 0, but there was 1 large question that I couldn’t understand and just wrote some stuff down. :(  

7 points, and it pissed the hell out of me, given my whole strategy and goal was answering every question.  But unfortunately when the lights are on and it’s the real deal, things don’t always follow as planned, and randomness creeps in.  Oh well, less than 4% of the AM total - hopefully doesn’t have a material effect.

No blanks on the AM, but probably 15-20 points worth of pure guessing

more important are the questions you take your time to answer cross your t’s- dot your i’s (and get wrong! Lol

I think I scored 80%+ (on 50%), 60% (on 30%), and zero (on 20%)..

that’s about 60% total in AM

Are you referring to AM or PM? If it’s PM you really shouldnt’ leave anything blank since you can easily put random answers. For AM, i did not leave anything blank and even though sometimes they ask for 3 points and i can only come up with one confident point, i would still try to put something down to see if i could get away with it.

If you are leaving a few questions blank in the AM, the chance of passing is….

In AM, left one calculation blank as I didn’t know how to do it. Maybe 3 points? Someone suggested just taking their given numbers and putting them down in some order to make a thing … ya, maybe I could have. But finished first pass with 12 min remaining, had left 3 question parts unanswered, and went back and did 2.5 of them (1/2 was a circle, 1/2 was a calculation).

3 cases with 60 points. Laughter on me please. No time management at all. I spent enough time learning but with totally wrong strategy. Already pregnant with due date in July, not sure if any chance to study next year with the baby…

Finished the entire AM. Barely stopped writing and finished with 5 minutes to spare. Had to make educated guesses on maybe 20-30 points worth. Estimate I got 70%-80% right. 

if you confidently got 70% correct and left 20% blank I think you still have a chance

.7*.8 =56% AM could be ok with strong PM

0 left blank but my mind was blank when I was answering on at least 30 points.

…OK at least maybe 20 points to be honest.:)

Gone fishing...

Does anyone recall someone who passed  L3 after leaving a couple questions blank in the AM section?

I was able to complete the full test in the AM, it’s just so I can feel a little less nervous until early Aug

andrevc wrote:

Does anyone recall someone who passed  L3 after leaving a couple questions blank in the AM section?

I was able to complete the full test in the AM, it’s just so I can feel a little less nervous until early Aug

Yes, definitely possible. 

candice wrote:

3 cases with 60 points. Laughter on me please. No time management at all. I spent enough time learning but with totally wrong strategy. Already pregnant with due date in July, not sure if any chance to study next year with the baby…

Oh no, Candice. That’s so rough. Best of luck to you in July and August. Did you kill the PM?

Left one subsection blank worth 3 or 4 points. Got owned by first part of the first question. Felt pretty solid on most of the other stuff. My guess would be 60-65%. That time crunch is no joke

look at the old exam results thread.. multiple people passing with 4-5  topics below 50%.. sure they could have gotten 49% in there but safe to assume a few (zeros) for entire questions is possible and still pass