How many of you guys were shocked by the first question in AM?

I am not referring to the specific topic tested to avoid violating ethic code, I think most of you guys know which question I am talking about:) Just out of curiosity, how many of you are underprepared for that part as AM question (thus shocked to see it as the first question)? lol If that’s the case, did you just skip to the second question directly or write some relevant points anyway? By question I mean the whole question consisting of several subsections.

More taken aback, really. Tried to quickly gather thoughts but didn’t want to burn time, so i quickly moved on and came back during final minutes. Wouldn’t have bet that particular topic would be under the gun… but that’s what makes these exams so unpredictable.

Pen was moving faster than brain at that point due to final few minutes ticking away and cannot even remember what I put down, to be honest. Some gibberish and scratched in numbers… hopeful for a pity point at very least.

Glad I skipped though or else I would be kicking myself for not getting to relatively easy later questions for some big points (at least, in my humble opinion).

I blacked out and have no idea what that question or topic was. I do remember finishing it and thinking “I’ll be lucky to get 3 points there”.

Couldn’t believe it… flipped to question 2 in about .5 seconds and came back with some gibberish in the last few minutes.

i had noticed the first topic while signing the pledge. After closing it and while the instructions where being announced, i kept on wondering how could that be the first and what i remember from that topic. So i took that time to reduce my shock but still got a bit caught. Was able to solve the question after initial couple of mins.

Me, it almost ruined my AM. What a shocker

First Q was a gift to me.

I think this question appeared in Schweser mocks multiple times.

essentially plug-n-chug for what i concluded

Seems I nailed this one.

Did you have to find the answer to the second question before solving the first?

It was pretty much like that b -> a.

I remember the topic of Q1 and the actual question 1A, but not 1B or 1C or whatever. Maybe 1A was more explain/describe and 1B was calculate? Or the other way around? Can’t recall what 1C was, if there even was a 1C.

There was another part of the exam where I was unprepared, but had recently hit a TT or (IFT) mock that covered the key parts of Q1. And if anything, that’s the one area of that topic I’m stronger in. So … dumb luck on 1. I didn’t consider AM a difficult start till reading posts after.

Oh, found it. I think it’s in 2009 AM, ya? If you got killed on it there, and then went and read on the issue for 5 min, you’d be in a decent place.

Thanks for saying this. Now I’m not the only one who noticed that. We needed to solve for 1Aii before we could get 1Ai. Unless we messed it up but I doubt I did. Seems like they should have switched those.

+1

Good for you, hope you had enough nails left for the remaining qstns…I also seem to resolve the first 1 but let’s see…

Yep…agree.

The funny thing is that, if i recall correctly, it wasn’t worth much in point value…maybe 4 points at most (2 pts for each)? The world is freaking out over 1% in point total of a 6 hour exam. Puts it into perspective a bit better.

When a person gets a Band 10, every single point counts dude! Its just a matter of approx couple of points : Either you pass or fail!

At level III a band 10 and a pass is usually 1 or 2 points