Who wants to be a Grader?

Would any of you want to be a grader? Do you know if Graders volunteer or are paid? Or how long the actual grading process takes?

I can’t imagine volunteering to sit and try to decipher all of our answers, but I’m glad people do it.

I’d love to! Don’t care if I get paid or not.

It’s a paid job, i was once at an event where one of the speakers was a grader for level 3 essay.

They all had to work out in a city in America (i can’t remember which city, probably at their headoffice?) and they are locked into the facility for a couple months and each grader was tasked to grade just one question and each question was graded by at least 3 graders.

it’s been a few years, i don’t know if process has changed though.

NANA

True… this is the grading process https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/Documents/cfa_program_theory_meets_practice.pdf

I’d think it could be fun, meeting new people and working together on a project for a couple of weeks. During down time I’d love talking to people about what they do in the world of finance and asking questions. Lots of intellect among the group of graders and project supervisors with very diverse backgrounds and experiences I’d have to think. I’d never be able to spend that much time away from work or my family though. Well, in 10 years maybe.

I had a professor at grad school who was grading tests. He was saying they pay REALLY well. And I mean $100+/hour.

So does every team member grade our exams or is just 1 person who sees each answer? Is there a chance some poor soul could get stuck with a difficult grader each question?

My understanding is that each grader grades the same question on all of the exams given to them.

One of the CFA instructors at UC Irvine graded Level III exams a couple of years ago. She enjoyed it, but there’s a big downside: graders are prohibited from teaching CFA review courses for one year after you grade.

Unfortunately, I, therefore, cannot afford to be a grader. That’s too bad; I’d love to do it once.

You still do review courses? Or does it include any instruction?

Apparently any instruction.

But I’m planning a 2-day Level I review course for this November. If I get enough takers, of course.

They divide graders in groups. Each group is responsible for a question, and they also provide comments about the possible answers to that questions. Candidate papers are marked three times, the third time is to decide the grade if there’s a difference between the first and second grader’s mark. It’s all in the PDF link I shared earlier

Pdf says half only half are graded a second time

the half below mps is regraded, if there is a mismatch, it is graded a third time

where do i sign up?

cfa institute website

Can people from abroad also be a grader? I would love to be a grader (if I pass this year hopefully). However, my work experience is still just 2 years with a consulting firm, so I cannot apply for Charter any time soon.

Isn’t the selection process to be a grader very selective?

Thank you for clarifying.

http://dealbreaker.com/2011/07/youre-not-a-true-cfa-until-youve-lived-and-breathed-level-iv/

muahaha

wow