Is nobody tired?

Working up towards the exam my study intensity gradually increased to batshit crazy for the last two weeks of may.

Have been cutting everything out of my life besides eating healthy, regular exercise and decent sleep. Did not see family for a few months, no alcohol for a few months, etc. Really good for your efficiency btw…

But now I’m tired. Not overworked, but just tired, No more goals to work towards. I feel no need to stay in perfect condition, both mentally and physically. Daily routine is easy to slack off without anybody noticing. I don’t see any challenge that can really tickle my brain.

Don’t you guys need some time to get back in focus?

If I could give one advice towards myself and maybe others. Beware for the downturn after the exam. Don’t pick up a bottle of beer and see where the next few weeks will bring you. Don’t give yourself permission to let it all slide. Profit from your iron discipline you’ve build up during the studies and put it to good use. Party hard, go shopping and set new goals to keep yourself going strong. Register for a marathon or something.

I think we all know what you mean. You are running so hard for so long and then that drive is just gone. I deal with this by shifting my focus towards other life goals. Renovating my house, increasing my exercise routine and training, spending time doing things with my family, and getting back to my hobbies that I have really missed.

It’s good to also relax and let your body heal as well, especially after such a stressful experience, taking a vacation is great, i wouldn’t say jump right into another project unless that project is something you really do enjoy and find theraputic.

My advice is to take an exotic vacation if you didn’t exhaust your PTO leading up to the exam. I did this post L2 and will be doing the same this year. You ll return rejuvenated and ready to prudently allocate your time away from the office to achieve your next goal. You may experience hindsight regret if you failed the exam while saving 7 days of vacation to celebrate your efforts though.

Looks like you need to sign up for the FRM exam lol jk

I know what you mean, for the past 2 years I’ve lost my weekend and basically life was all just about work and CFA. I’m just hoping that I pass it this time and then rethink my goals. Perhaps my next goal is to learn a new language or a new musical instrument or maybe sign up for either a CIPM or FRM exam haha

Couldn’t sleep past maybe 4:30 am for months. Too pumped to get into the next thing.

Can’t get up before 7 now. Totally baked. Looking forward to some good cottage long weekends soon.

I just remember i went to the gun range after exam to shoot… :slight_smile:

They have ranges in Japan?

my advice to you is to enjoy life and do what you want to do. if you enjoy doing nothing then go for it. in 3 mos there is a 50% chance you are going to fail and life’s going to be shitty again cuz ur going to have to decide whether to go through the bs.

personally, post cfa exam became like a game to me. cuz i would gain a ridiculous amount of weight prior to exam, so i would try to burn as much as possible in 3 mos. i usually burn 20 to 30 lbs. haha. i would go out consistently every weekend as well and play a lot of bball.

of course!

I am tired of life, not only of CFA.

Amen!

Just irony on this stupid advice “Enjoy life!”. Life may be a BS as well for some, Lol!

Oh don’t say that, there are so much to look forward to in life.

shooting BB’s don’t count :slightly_smiling_face: