How significant will the 2018 curriculum be updated?

How significant will the 2018 curriculum be updated?

Isn’t too early to start studying for June 2018?

I guess some of us might be antcipating doimg this exam again :frowning_face:

Wait for it

CFA Exam to Add Big Data, Artificial Intelligence as Topics

I’ll definitely enjoy reading those new readings.

I’ve heard the 2018 curriculum will quite a few new readings added, others removed.

Interesting - article refers to the whole program rather than Level III. Anyway, fingers crossed we won’t need to study these new topics. I wonder which ones the institute will cut back to make room for them.

If we look at the curriculum since inception, which I havent, I’d bet we would see it has been growing. It’d be interesting to see if at what point the breadth will hault because it can’t grow forever, unless they added another level? Maybe they won’t get rid of enough readings to offset those additions. The field is getting more complex and isn’t just finance. We now need to knowledgeable in finance, data engineering, information technology, etc. I just wonder where CFAI draws the line.

Everything is acceptable until once they adopt level 4. Then retakers would be really screwed.

Level 4 exam as Power Point presentation toward audience and CFAI commission. Sounds not bad.

That article is related to 2019 exams.

We know that. I think Kroko just posted so we could whats up and coming.

It might just be 1 new chapter in 2019

As to what can be removed…

AI - Most part of it is waste or can be really concise.

GIPS - remove any reference to specific dates and just state latest rules/guidelines. It does not (for exam purposes) matter to me how GIPS regulations have changed over the years. This would also make GIPS more readable. I really love Schweser’s summary for GIPS at the chapter end. That’s the most one needs to read really.

Performance - Dietz/old dietz/old old dietz… phew… (glad the exam is over)

FI - i think the immunisation concept has been overdone. It should be shorter and make space for other concepts.

I fear these topics will be as significant as HFT is now. An empty filler topic.

Are you L2 candidate? If so, forget HFT, AFS and similar jokes and now concentrate on Information shortfall, IPS, immunization and many other fresh new entertainment facilities.

Until I receive my results at least, yes. I meant to quote the guy with the Big data btw, but I meant that these new readings will be as relevant and informative as the high-frequency trading reading, not held-for-trading from FR :slight_smile:

Hi all,

There are quite a few changes in Level III for 2018. They are mainly in SS 6 to SS 13. I have made this comparison PDF which you can get from this link on my website: https://ift.world/2018-level-iii-program-changes/

Best wishes for your exam preparation!

Arif Irfanullah, CFA

Thanks a ton.