nearly fainted when...

i just now realized the p/y function reverted back to 12 instead of 1 after i changed my battery the night prior to the exam. thankfully, we all know why this won’t be much of an issue.

i need a scotch now…

What are you still doing with the calculator these days? Preparing for CAIA or using it as a part of the job I hope… hopefully not testing your IPS return requirement calculation skills…

I thought it is defaulted to 1? At least all my calculators are that way.

@Flash - prepping for CAIA…noticed when i was going through mortgage pmt calcs…thought i was losing my mind.

@Pirates - i have a super ancient model that was given to me by an old boss…apparently it defaults to 12 when reset…so gross.

Anyone preparing for CAIA L1… any idea how hard this is compared to CFA L1? what is a reasonable time to give to this exam?

Thanks for sharing!

CAIA L1 very easy compared to CFA L1 but still need proper studying of atleast 1 month. Read more on CAIA forum on this website.

How is your CAIA prep going on? Just started on it…for Sep.

Not so hard as cfa L1 but shouldn’t be underestimated. Expect to study 150 hours or so per level… There is also considerable overlap… good luck with your studies!!

thanks guys! feeling good thus far! parsed through the curriculum once already and now i’m going through q-bank and exhausting every section. will do the 3-4 mocks starting mid-month. my exam date is scheduled for 9/14 so i think that’ll be more than sufficient. so far, i’ve put in maybe 60-65 hrs in total and feeling decent. once LIII results come out and i can stope stressing, i’m sure it’ll be much easier to grind out then. hope everyone else is on pace, as well!