If you were grading, would you set the MPS higher or lower than last year ? Too low..too many candidates pass, too high.well

[original post removed]

Depends if we’re talking a 2017 or 2018 implementation date :wink:

if one is grading then he/she must be a CFA charterholder… then he/she would remember all the hell he/she went through to get there… and like in the army he/she perhaps d like others to go through the same as part of the training program … so my judgment would be with >50% probability “lower”, less than 25% “higher”, on average it would not change year on year…I guess.

Although there was a year when institute gave the pass to ~76% of L3 candidates in the last 12 yrs… think it is an outlier since then…

once I get the charter… I’m hoping the passing rate falls to 20% and add they add a 4th level

I’d bet there will be a year when a “backlog” of level 3 candidates forces them to push through a bunch of people… the testing centers are getting crowded… logistically it’s getting difficult to organize… I think that’s what happened the year of the 76% rate

I agree with you on this haha. Once I pass, if ever, I want the designation to be as little diluted as possible. After completing all readings through 3 levels I have felt that there is still an element missing in the program. What we learned is mostly from an academic perspective. It would be nice to have a level dedicated to applying what we learned into a practioner element. Level 3 has some application but not true, real world, application. We know it, but can we actually apply it?

I hope this isn’t true. It’d crush their credibility.

I’d set it so high that none of y’all’d pass.

:wink:

(Then I’d charge y’all for a Level III review course next year. :wink: :wink:)