Exam date 23rd June?

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

While I am not upset because this means more study time. Changing the date for the whole world just because of Ramadan is insane. Ramadan does not prevent muslims from taking exams or performing jobs. This is crazy!! There are so many religions out there CFA will not be able to accomodate everyone!! Do no mix religion and business, it’s bad. 

Lol

What is “crazy” about that? I can’t see any harm in the delay.

It’s almost two weeks delay and this will give candidates more time to study.

CFAI will not be able to accommodate all religions! what is the basis for this odd argument? the logic says is that CFAI will do the same if any similar event happens with other religions.

You should be more humanistic, love good for others, and avoid being selfish.

lol. Ok.

1- if u want more time to study start early

2- being humanitarian has nothing to do with moving an exam for Ramadan: 

I am a Muslim and I know for a fact that in Ramadan muslims do perform all jobs and duties other wise Ramadan would have been a public holiday for all Muslim countries. 

Also, I and many more muslims, would rather enjoy my Eid holidays after Ramadan rather than spend it studying 

This is not the first time cfa exam happens in Ramadan, why wasn’t the test date moved before? 

If anyone is being selfish is those who are asking the whole world to change exam date and move it to end of month because it’s in Ramadan. While they will be going to work and performing their jobs normally during Ramadan. It’s a bit extreme and for someone who knows islam very well, Ramadan is not a reason to prevent someone from taking a test.

Schweser CFA® study packages, now guided by Stanley, are the key to CFA exam success. Serious about the passing the CFA exam? Just choose Schweser.

TooDavistated wrote:

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

While I am not upset because this means more study time. Changing the date for the whole world just because of Ramadan is insane. Ramadan does not prevent muslims from taking exams or performing jobs. This is crazy!! There are so many religions out there CFA will not be able to accomodate everyone!! Do no mix religion and business, it’s bad. 

Lol

CFAI will not be able to accommodate all religions! what is the basis for this odd argument? the logic says is that CFAI will do the same if any similar event happens with other religions.

lol. Ok.

I am a Muslim and I know for a fact that in Ramadan muslims do perform all jobs and duties other wise Ramadan would have been a public holiday for all Muslim countries. 

Also, I and many more muslims, would rather enjoy my Eid holidays after Ramadan rather than spend it studying 

This is not the first time cfa exam happens in Ramadan, why wasn’t the test date moved before? 

If anyone is being selfish is those who are asking the whole world to change exam date and move it to end of month because it’s in Ramadan. While they will be going to work and performing their jobs normally during Ramadan. It’s a bit extreme and for someone who knows islam very well, Ramadan is not a reason to prevent someone from taking a test.

CFAI has done this because they received hundreds maybe thousands of emails and complaints from fasting people. No harm if they postponed for two weeks. It’s two weeks not two months!

I have no complaints about them moving the date - June 2nd is smack-bang in the middle of Ramadan next year. I would prefer early May if it has to be moved (and if I’m unfortunate enough to re-sit).

I think their next move will be to offer the exam in foreign languages to accommodate non-English speakers.

Disclaimer: I am not Muslim.

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Lol

lol. Ok.

CFAI has done this because they received hundreds maybe thousands of emails and complaints from fasting people. No harm if they postponed for two weeks. It’s two weeks not two months!

# of complaints before and after the exam - that would be interesting to see.

It would also be interesting to see the demographics of this years passing candidates to see if it had a real impact.

I am eager to see aggregated muslim pass rates before and after this change. 

Everyone is getting so soft these days. Always worrying about peoples feelings and being little snowflake moonbats. The door has now been opened to move the date because it falls on someones wedding anniversary.

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Lol

lol. Ok.

More like three weeks, but who’s counting? Those are three precious weeks of summer for those of us who live on the Northern Hemisphere, which happens to be where the majority of candidates reside. Vacations, weddings, family gatherings will have to be either postponed or not attended due to this, all because CFAI doesn’t want to appear insensitive to a vocal minority of candidates.

Also, for an organization that preaches transparency through GIPS and Ethics, they sure don’t appear to practice it. There was no notification that they were considering a date change. They didn’t even notify us via email when they did make the change. They posted on their website and are just now responding to the criticism on Twitter.

googs1484 wrote:

Everyone is getting so soft these days. Always worrying about peoples feelings and being little snowflake moonbats. The door has now been opened to move the date because it falls on someones wedding anniversary.

I bet you cry about every little thing that offends you online, snowflake.

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

This someone must be noisy.

I doubt Muslims pass rate will change. I highly doubt it because many muslims decided not to fast during the exam WHICH IS OK if you make it up later. Also, this means that Muslims now will be fasting during a whole month before the exam, how does this no impact their performance?? 

Its a naieve move by CFAI 

Yayyywork wrote:

googs1484 wrote:

I bet you cry about every little thing that offends you online, snowflake.

Are you trying to insult me with my own argument? That’s creative! lol. I am just saying everyone has their personal hurdles to get over when studying or taking the exam. None of those are accommodated so why start now. They are setting precedent for discrimination if they do not treat other religions in the same manner. I felt worse for the numerous women I saw pregnant having to sit for hours to take that exam. None of them were accommodated for, why not? Keep the date the same as it has always been and suck it up. That’s my take. If you are trying to say I am “crying” for telling other people to stop “crying” then okay whatever. Maybe you should stop crying about telling me to stop crying about telling others to stop crying. 

Seriously can’t believe no major announcement was made by the CFAI regarding this change in the testing date.  I know I am in the minority here but I’ve already booked a two week European cruise/vacation with the family for 2018; leaving on you guessed it June 23rd.  Here’s hoping I get good news on August 8th or I’ll have one angry family.

Not that it would help or change anything, but is there somewhere we can file a complaint (whine and moan) on the CFAI website? Just want to be heard outside of the threads!

harry5465 wrote:

Not that it would help or change anything, but is there somewhere we can file a complaint (whine and moan) on the CFAI website? Just want to be heard outside of the threads!

info@cfainstitute.org 

mdarseneau wrote:

Seriously can’t believe no major announcement was made by the CFAI regarding this change in the testing date.  I know I am in the minority here but I’ve already booked a two week European cruise/vacation with the family for 2018; leaving on you guessed it June 23rd.  Here’s hoping I get good news on August 8th or I’ll have one angry family.

You are not a minority here. I’m pretty sure everyone in the CFA journey has his whole year planned as per the exam, which was ALWAYS on the first Saturday on every month. I’m really sorry but people shouldn’t take it personal when I say Ramadan is not a sufficient reason for the change. All religions have different rituals and we just have to adjust with it, it’s not feasible to accommodate each and every religion. After all, if Ramadan is about worshiping God, you all will be spending it studying for the test and you won’t have enough time for the other rituals. 

I don’t think CFA really thought this through 

Bush league if you ask me, but the CFAI is trying to grow their enrollment in the developing markets. 

btw.. CFA does make an exception for Jewish people who observe Sabbath and can’t write exam on Saturdays…accomodating religious beliefs has been part of the CFAI longer than one might think…

Chasing alpha

heshoos wrote:

btw.. CFA does make an exception for Jewish people who observe Sabbath and can’t write exam on Saturdays…accomodating religious beliefs has been part of the CFAI longer than one might think…

That’s a bit of a different situation though. Orthodox Jews are prohibited from taking the exam on the Sabbath. Taking the exam during Ramadan is not prohibited, just inconvenient.

You can’t compare Sabbath to Ramadan. It’s like comparing apples to sharks :) 

Does this even help the affected though? I mean, the last 6 weeks are prime study time and 4 of those weeks will be Ramadan. 

Anyway, I’ll write on any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

This

The harder the battle , the sweeter the victory.

danv0330 wrote:

THIS IS GOOD NEWS for 2017 test takers..

it’s possible CFAI lowers the MPS (higher passing rate) to compensate for negative impact it had to Muslim candidates.

(or the performance of Muslim candidates systematically lowered the curve for everyone..)

God is great!

That would be nice.

Political correctness gone too far. CFAI should be ashamed of themselves

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Nightmare55 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Lol

lol. Ok.

It can’t be. Muslims have their god with them, right? Their pass rate must be already higher than average.

How they could ask more favor from CFAI? Their god doesn’t help them enough?

My feats:
12/Make the 1000th comment in the longest AF thread ever
https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91782543#comment-91782543
2/ Earn the CFA charter in 2018 https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91838098#comment-91838098

It suddenly occurred to me that Russia World Cup 2018 starts on June 14, and the exams will be taking place exactly during the tournament. OMG, I’d better pass and get it done this year, 2018 would be the football year, NO CFA definitely.

PierreCFA wrote:

How they could ask more favor from CFAI? Their god doesn’t help them enough?

Obviously, their God helped them. They got what they wanted and this is, imo, also good for all. Extra 3 weeks perfect for Mocks. The bad thing is crossing over with Football World Cup.

I do not ask for the trust nor give it to you.

agree and what % of those 10% muslims stick to the full dietary regulation, when more moderates taking a more lenient view.   I recall the discussion a few months back that there were mixed perspectives of sticking to the full requirement

agree -  can we start a religion for that and move it back ?  Given that 3.2bn watched the last finals in brazil

The reason for the exam date change is a load of crap. I don’t agree making concessions for specific religions, but if you do, do not affect the masses of people! Which in this case is 95% of people lol. I’m lucky that I live in the southern hemisphere so my summer is not affected, but my initial plan of going to Europe for the rest of June is out the window! Not to mention missing out on good chunk of the world cup as well.

They should do a survey and see how muslims feel about that change

1- instead of having the exam early Ramadan, they will be spending the whole month of Ramadan + EID holidays studying :) 

2- 99% are obsesses about football. They will sure miss the world cup

3- I know so many muslims that did not fast on exam day and it was one day only. Now, they will have to deal with a whole month of studying while fasting!