L3 almost done.., is CFAI selling the dream, credential, knowledge or both ?

Folks, it was always a question for me… Is CFA charter self actualization prize or there is somth else… what is your view since we are almost done here…

I did it because I had no industry experience or knowledge. Was looking to find a quick way to get promoted within my firm coming from the hospitality industry. Its helped me tremendously in advancement and learning. I need structure when learning and figured why not get a credential for my efforts so CFAI it was.

My company says I have to be a Charterholder if I want to advance. So, easy decision for me.

I believe it (should) be a minimum requirement for “front office” investment management type roles…

if you “can’t” pass the exams… you have no business managing other peoples money…

Do not think so. Managing money and passing the exams are entirely 2 different things. A vast majority of successful PMs probably have no charter.

My business isn’t managing other people money but assurance and advisory is.

Depends on what you can make yourself out of it…it can lead to good benefits, depending on the stage of your career, if you do a lot more beyond just reading the material… else it stays as a credential and some good knowledge.

I’m just collecting medals. This is my satisfaction. One day, I will stand in front of the mirror and say to myself how smart I am.

well I’m sure a lot of people that don’t have the charter “could” pass the exams… and that’s fine. .

I am here just to kill the dragons.

the sad thing is is if i pass, i will be most happy because i don’t have to study it again not because ive gained something so worthwhile.

Chasing the Dragon?

How many so far? Many of them begin with a “C” ?

Yep. Exactly, almost all with Certified and hope soon first with Chartered.

Preparing for L3 helped me to put together a better pitch book for talking to investors.