Anyone band 10 with >70% in Ethics?

Hi.

Unfortunately I didn’t pass Level 3 but I got >70% in Ethics and I am in Band 10!!! I feel I was not given any benefit to score high in Ethics. Anyone with same experience?

Regards,

Arfinsyed

How about your scores in other areas ? Getting >70% in Ethics does not guarantee a pass

I am in band 10…

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - - * 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 - * - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - - * 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 * - - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 - * - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 * - -

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 10

I am a band 10

Ethics : less than 70 but greater that 50. Last year I did not pass but i was greater than 70.

Hi John. Where you band 10 last year too?

Nope!

Band 5- Cannot tell you how disappointed I am right now.

Were you last year band 10 last year?

Band 10

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - - * 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 - * - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 - - *

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 18 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

Nope. Last year Band 8. This year Band 10. What I am surprised is that there are comments that if you are a borderline scoring candidate, they may pass you if you do good in Ethics. I am band 10 and got >70 in Ethics.

I’m in the exact same boat as you. Band 10 but scored >70% in ethics. Leaving the test I thought I did better in AM than PM but come to find out I bombed AM and that brought me below the MPS. I’m shocked, I don’t know how I bombed AM.

Same here, band 10 and walked out of the am thinking I did at least 65%+. Thought the pm section was tougher. Got the results am was a disaster but I did get greater than 70% in ethics.

Right. If someone would have told me I would have done way better on PM than AM I would have called them a liar. To the point where I’m considering a retabulation. But I never heard of that helping anyone, especially on the AM section.

I was considering a retabulation as well but I figured even if there was a mistake the would likely never admit it. Imagine the number of retabs they would get if that happened. Lol

Beat odds are to find errors with the morning section once it’s publicly available and challenge question answers to CFA. Heard that worked in 2012 and 0.6% more people passed…

I assume that all scores indicated are after any “ethics adjustment.”

In other words, you were band 10 after your score was adjusted upwards. For all you know, you were band 9 before the adjustment. Or you were in the lower part of band 10 and moved into the upper. I also assume that the ethics adjustment is very small-- maybe enough to cover one incorrect multiple choice question.

It wouldn’t really make sense any other way.

I was band 10 last, 50-70 in ethics, this year band 10 and >70 in ethics. either way it’s a bad feeling…