Nearly passed

Hello team.

I am a silent member, I benefited a lot from different discussions and answers. God bless you all.

I passed the exam (the bottom line). However, I think I barely did (although I expected a smooth ride).

AM was 5/2/3

PM was 2/2/5

It turns out that I scored less than 50 in 7/19 and was only able to go above 70 in 8/19.

Anyone riding on the same boat?

#WinnerWinnerChickenDinner

AM was 6/4/0

PM was 4/3/2

400hoursnow wrote:

FINALLY PASSED !!! at the border

Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 - * - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 18 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

Hey Zaidi,

Same here. Scored 5/2/3 AM and 1/4/4 PM (ethics was in the 51%-70% range).

A friend of mine got 6/1/3 AM and 1/2/6 PM and passed as well.

Thank God we did it…!

Am: 5/3/2

PM: 2/2/5 (ethics in +70)

Def feels like a close shave but I’m popping bottles anyway.

My matrix is so pathetic! I am so happy!

Thought this post from last year was interesting. Look at that matrix!!!

Who here would like to confirm if 2017 AM was easier than 2018 AM?

those are some phuccing GROSS passing matricies. gives me some hope even tho i left 20-25 points blank

Hahtag: looking at your results, I still believe I should have passed :slight_smile:

7/1/2

2/3/4

This year, I hoping for:

4/3/3

2/4/3 ( with Ethics in the >70)

Seems very close call:

AM could be around 55% (assuming all questions were attempted)

PM could be 40/60 (best case)

I am a band 10 retaker and IMO I felt that the 2018 was more difficult than the 2017. Well, I can’t say that it was more difficult, it just felt that the typical questions under things like individual and behavioral were asked differently. This is what made it more difficult for me.

I didn’t take 2017 Level 3 but having looked at the questions during studying, the AM section in 2018 was definitely trickier than 2017. I have no idea how PM compared though (obviously).

I would say the PM was about the same. Maybe a little easier but that could be because of another year of studying.

Totally agree 2017 essay was a lot easier than 2018, and the pm as well

I’m the only guy who found the 2018 AM less difficult than 2017 AM ? But the opposite for PM session.

No I’m with you. I felt quite confident about AM, and thought PM was tricky, especially one part…

Regarding AM, 2017 had some tricky questions especially the first one on Alternative, while 2018 didn’t have this kind of outliers but still regular tricks in BF, IF and PM.

Not sure for PM. Will see tomorrow…

Good luck everyone

the only certainty about exam difficulty is that opinions will vary in on how hard it was am to pm or year to year.

How is this a passing test?!

You messed up most sections in the AM+PM !

is he saying 5 topics <50% in PM?