Any one ever heard of a successful retab?

Anyone ever heard of a successful retab, ever?

Sorry to hear about the Band 10, but I can help save you $100…

https://youtu.be/CEeqCbEFIJw

#GetReady

Awesome!

Haha that is a good one

David Heatherington mentioned some people who had failed according to their August scores who were notified in January they had indeed passed Level 3. It is my speculation that someone complained about a missing alternative answer when they saw the AM questions and that alternative answer was clearly supported by the official CFA materials.

You would have an ok chance of knowing this when you see the exam and solutions released. You have scores for each question and the official answers. If you say “hey, I gave a perfectly good alternate answer and here is the support from the curriculum”, you might get somewhere. Of course, this would work best if you were Band 10. If you were band 7 or below, I don’t think it would matter.

He did say that but I don’t know if we really want to get anyone’s hopes up. That was an anomaly.

I was a band 10, but it says you only have 30 days for a retab. Did they get the am exam months later and then complain? Who is David heatherington?

David is head of Level 3 studies for Schweser. He mentioned this in a video.

I think the Institute really does care about getting it right. We’re not talking about point grubbing. We’re talking about missing alternative right answers.

Got a band10 … should I go for retabulation? Too distraught. Flunked for second straight year

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 - * - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 - - * 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 - * - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 10

I have been wondering the same thing, but most veterans here say it will do no good unless the exam score was added up wrong. They say, they will only add up the score.

let me know if you do and the result.

Shiiiiiiiii! Last year I was band 10, really felt I got screwed by 1 key question, which I had to leave blank worth 8 points, and gave a different answer for one worth 3-4 points!!!

I did the retab, came back empty handed. But if I knew I could argue a question, I would definitely have given it a shot.

Man, if it saves you a year, DEFINITELY try to argue and retab and do whatever you can to bump a Band 10 into Pass territory. A 100 bucks is absolutely NOTHING in time.

Thankfully I passed this year, but wish I didn’t need to write it all over again from a Band 10.

Do they just send you an email?

And as an US organisation they may be worried about law suits too!

It’s only 100 dollars. I’d do it, knowing it’ll poetically solve nothing but may as well try everything.

Haha poetically, that’s a typo. However, sort of actually fits there.

I would definitely try it, 100 bucks is nothing… you never know…